We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

activities for people with limited mobility

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
activities for people with limited mobility

Will be in Mahogany Bay for just one day, cruise ship stop, and would like suggestion for non-water activities for someone on crutches. We like nature, art, looking at houses and neighborhoods, Are there any horse-drawn carriage tours?? We'll be there late Sept.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: activities for people with limited mobility

I have seen folks on crutches getting on the glass bottom boat at Half Moon Bay in West End, about 25 minute by taxi. Most likely it would also be offered by the ship as an excursion and they would send you over in a mini bus. It's a good way to see Roatan's lovely reefs. There is also a glass bottom boat in West Bay, but I'm not sure it loads from a dock.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
905 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: activities for people with limited mobility

Your choices are going to be limited. I haven't been to West End since they completed the street project, but that should allow you to get around there better than anywhere else.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: activities for people with limited mobility

A driving tour of the island would probably be your best bet - and you'd do best with a private taxi/car/minivan tour. You could contact one of three of the good tour providers, tell them of your physical limitations, and plan a day. I like the drive out to the east end... lots of good views... and a driver could show you some of the towns with the traditional homes on/over the water...

and I suspect even on crutches you could make it onto the dock at Camp Bay and eat some lionfish fingers out over the water at Las Sirenas.

The boat tour of the mangroves might be a go.

and I very much like the glass bottom boat suggestion - you don't have to be in the water to get a sense of the wonderful world below the surface.

4. Re: activities for people with limited mobility

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 00:19