We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

New York
Level Contributor
504 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

As I am researching lodging options in Roatan there are many options. Looking at the Coral Sand, Lawson Rock and Infinity Bay condos. We are a family of 4 (two boys ages 8 and 14), and have been renting time shares at Marriott properties in the Caribbean the last few year but have never been to Roatan. Of these three properties, which would offer the most for first timers such as nicest beach, close to supermarkets/restaunts, snorkeling off the beach etc?

Thanks!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

Coral Sands and Infinity are only a single property apart, both on West Bay Beach, the premiere beach on the island with the easy access to reef snorkeling. There are no supermarkets in West Bay, one need go to Coxen Hole for markets. There are plenty of places to eat along West Bay and West End is a water taxi away.

Lawson Rock is in Sandy Bay...the beach is not as nice (though I am a sand snob), the eateries options not as plentiful and the reef is farther out.

I don't think Coral Sands has a pool.

I believe your best bet of the three with a family to be Infinity.

New York
Level Contributor
504 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

Thank you so much for the response, I appreciate it.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

I have to agree, Infinity is probably the best option with a pool. It has great snorkeling, access to restaurants and the beach.

But it depends on what you like to do when you are there. If you want to have whole sections of the ocean open to yourself, for Kayaking, swimming, fishing, then Lawson Rock will be more private and you are in a gated community as opposed to a resort. If you are looking to make all of your meals together, drive around and explore more then the beach community the Lawson Rock can be great.

If you are looking for a resort type beach vacation, Infinity is great!

New York
Level Contributor
504 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

Thank you so much for the info. I'm leaning towards Infinity as my kids are still young and really like to snorkel so it sounds like that is better than at Lawson. Also the proximity to restaurants also us something we would like as well. We also would take tours off the beach to see other things besides the beach.

seattle
Level Contributor
126 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

Lawson Rock has three pools...

Edited: 29 April 2014, 01:39
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

And Lawson Rock has one restaurant right there on the property as well as three pools.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

I'm confused by the number of pools listed for Lawson's Rock. I've only seen one large public pool... and then many of the units in the northern building - like 8 maybe - each have smallish pools of their own.

I've often been amazed to see how much fresh water is evaporating from how many pools at these often-empty condos... there didn't seem to be any covers to prevent dirt or evaporation, but I could be wrong.

So are there actually 3 pools in the public area... maybe wading, swimming, and diving... all in that area? Is that what is being communicated?

Nobody would compare the restaurant at Lawson's Rock... and the nearby Blue Parrot... to the selection of restaurants in West Bay or West End - but they will certainly get you by for some basic dining... and its maybe a 10 minute taxi to the very popular Blue Bahia... and Marilyn's, Frangiapani, and the Sunken Fish at Tranquilseas?

8. Re: Coral Sand, Lawson Rock, or Infinity Bay for Family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 00:16