We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight at Lima's airport

kingston
Level Contributor
380 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
overnight at Lima's airport
Save

Hello :

Flight arrives @ 10:30 pm Lima - departs next day 5 a.m flight to Cuzco. Assume we clear customs and get bags aprox 11:30 -12 midnight??

Seeing that we have to be back at airprt aprox 2 hours before am flight (3am) would it make sense to leave airport and book a nearby b&b for aprox 3 hours of sleep, or would it be easier to stay at airport? Thank you in advance for any help.

3 replies to this topic
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
324 reviews
302 helpful votes
1. Re: overnight at Lima's airport
Save

If sleeping at the airport doesn't bother you then do it. Personally I wouldn't but only because I had to do that once back in 2014 and never again! But that's me. Also our flight to Cusco leaves later than yours by several hrs. Since you're taking a domestic flight the next day and have already cleared customs upon arrival do you really have to be at the airport 2 hrs. before your flight? I would think 1 hr. would be enough time. The Wyndham Airport Hotel is just a few minutes walk from the airport so very convenient.

Mount Laurel, New...
Level Contributor
127 posts
337 reviews
119 helpful votes
2. Re: overnight at Lima's airport
Save

I agree. The airport hotel is just a few steps away. A few hours sleep and a shower will help.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: overnight at Lima's airport
Save

The airport hotel is a few steps away but its really expensive, and in my opinion, is not worth it to spend money for just a few hours of sleep. My recommendation is to stay at the airport, and just in case be ready two hours before your flight, one never knows what can happen.

Reply to: overnight at Lima's airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maca
Recent Conversations
US$USD
Canada (English)
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.