We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal AlbaSide

Derby, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Royal AlbaSide

I am going to the Royal Alba at the end of March. What can we expect in terms of entertainment, food, places to visit and other general advice.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal AlbaSide

Hi Mark, we went last November at end of season, so I expect it will be similar at beginning of season.

Entertainment... the animation team is superb, on "duty" from 10am to beyond midnight. They would join us for five minutes or more, just being sociable - and practising their English. If the weather is good, there's the usual outdoor activity. We had rain and so, for example, the air rifle was held inside in the big function room.

There is an amphitheatre, but I expect evening entertainment to be indoors. Alternate evenings, there were musical shows eg Mama Mia. But be warned, the songs may be in English, but the story lines are in German. Not a problem though as it was entertaining. The other evenings were various musical entertainment .

Food was more than acceptable and a good variety. Uniquely for us so far, there was bacon every morning for breakfast. Fruit juice is freshly squeezed... by yourself using a hand press. So often have to queue to use the press.

There's not much around the hotel, but some pleasant walks.

Remember to take your own shampoo/conditioner as none is supplied. Gorgeous olive oil soap bars though!

2. Re: Royal AlbaSide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Colakli
Recent Conversations