“Be Aware - Checked Bags are Extra !”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed October 19, 2018

Booked on line via Expedia. Everything appeared normal until trying to check in at the airport kiosk. We were unable to do it and then needed to see an agent. Apparently somewhere in the fine print there must be something about baggage. We were unaware that out ticket did not cover checked bags and then needed to get in line behind all the others to pay $25 US so we could get our boarding passes.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (32,057)

Reviewed October 18, 2018

Very nice flight. On this leg (Lima to LA) we had full access to individual seat screens with many options for games, movies, etc. Both lunch and dinner were served and the food was great! Also took Latam on a couple of short hops within Peru. No problems whatsoever.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed October 18, 2018

We booked a trip to Peru through Tripmasters. The trip included air transportation with LATAM. LATAM would only communicate with Tripmasters and they advised us 3 days before our return that LATAM had cancelled our flight from Cuzco to Lima and also our flight from Lima to Orlando. They offered 2 optional replacement flights. The most attractive was to fly to Cuzco one day, spend the night in Lima at LATAM expense (per Tripmasters) and fly Lima to Orlando the next day. For 3 days I tried email and phone contact with LATAM for information about the hotel and to have flight confirmation. No response. Tripmasters claimed that they confirmed everything and that I must go to the LATAM ticket counter to get information. (I will never use Tripmasters again either) LATAM sent a check in email (in Spanish) so I was able to print boarding passes through our hotel for the 1st flight. Nothing on the second. When I went to the ticket counter in Lima, I was advised that LATAM's policy is to NOT provide hotels and I could either spend the night in the airport or find a hotel on my own. THEY cancelled the flights for THEIR reasons. Not weather, not mechanical, and I was on my own. After lengthy discussion with the ticket agent and showing him numerous emails from Tripmasters saying LATAM would provide a room, he asked and received an exception, but emphasized that it was an exception to provide the room. I will never fly LATAM again and will never recommend them.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

WOW! this is was flying used to be...focus on the customer experience and attention to detail, feel respected and appreciated as a customer; bags, meals, entertainment, pillow and blanket included, flight attendants with a great attitude and competitive price, 4 on time flights and connections ...I am glad to find an airline that knows how to treat their customers.

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

LATAM sent me an email three weeks before a scheduled flight saying the flight had been cancelled. After three days of being on hold and trying various customer service numbers, I had still not spoken to anyone. The flight was still online, and I could even repurchase the exact same flight. I continued with my international travel, and checked in-person with a LATAM gate agent, who was confused by the email and said the flight was not cancelled. After all the castle, I decided to gamble that the email was a fluke. Later my sister received an email that we our flight time had been changed by a significant number of hours. I never received this email, and had I not been traveling with her, I would have showed up at the scheduled time and missed the flight.
Once actually dealing with the airline at the airport, we found them incredibly inefficient, being late to board all flights we took with them, and having only one agent working the baggage line while four others waitied, seemingly doing nothing. I travel frequently for work, and overall was very unimpressed by the efficiency of the airline and the amazing effort it took to try and reach anyone in customer service, ultimately to have this effort not even work.