“Very large company, short in attention to detail”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Made my booking fully paid 6 months in advance
Received no mail/email from them ever
So I turn up at the airport to be told our flight had been cancelled
A nice lady took pity of me and found another flight departing 2 hours later than my reservation. This re booking took about one hour and produced 2 seats in row 1. I was hoping to get business class but the whole plane was economy
The return was just as hard with lots of head shaking
SUMMARY we did fly but the airline,s attention to detail is missing

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (30,176)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you choose to book with Latam, expect staff who barely speak English and who rather walk away from problems than solve them. If you have checked baggage, don’t put anything valuable in them.

It all started before I took off on the first of my nine flights. I happened to download the Latam app and discovered my second flight had changed - I wouldn’t have been at the airport on time as I had not been notified of this change.

There was some issue with my ticket which meant I was never able to check in online or at the self-serve.

This meant standing in line for hours as the queues are endless - at one point in Buenos Aires the line almost extended into arrivals.

However, I now understand why. On the last part of my trip the issue with my ticket suddenly became major and it took staff over an hour to check me in. I could’ve bought ten tickets in that time.

After one of my flights the lock on my bag was gone and one of zippers was open. Thankfully didn’t have anything valuable anymore.

On another flight they forgot my vegetarian meal.

Don’t expect Latam to solve any issues because they really don’t care.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is probably the worst airline experience I have ever had. We booked premium economy from Santiago to Quito, flying via Lima on latam. We arrived at the airport and no explanation was given for refusing to let us fly premium. Then the plane has a fire and we disembarked. We spent a day at the airport in one queue after another, trying to find out what was happening. No Information was forthcoming. We got given boarding passes, then had to queue to change them ! Finally told we could fly to Quito via Guayaquil but would have to spend the night in Guayaquil. So we missed our celebrity cruise day tour of Quito. Arrived in Guayaquil hotel at 3 am. Told a bus coming at noon to take us back to the airport for our 2.40 plane. At 1.pm the bus still hadn’t arrived. No info again.
We were told to ring to get some refund money for the failed premium economy issue. Our trAvel agent rang them but no luck.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

3 flights to go back to Europe.
1 flights 40min late
2 flights 1h 40min late.
After Landing 30min waiting before exit the Plane....result: Missed my 3 flights.
00.30 am at the desk is caos.they dont explain they dont attend properly the clients. is late someone without food from lunch. they struggle to organize 60 persons and at 02.00 they send me 1h taxi away from S Paolo. At the desk they are Not professional, they laugh..at the question if they have someone speaking English to better explain....the answer is "this is Brazil....we don't need to speak English Latam = international company. 03.00Am they tell to pick up baggages before going to the hotel.At the claim place no-one knows were the baggages are....unfriendly and impolite. I have been travelling for 20years......DON'T USE THIS COMPANY

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked our flights in May 2018 for Nov 2018. Checked in second at airport, we were still seated 15 rows apart. Staff gate said "We won't change your seat", not that they can't but they just sliding so about 10 hr flight sitting apart. Given there appears to be a number of vacant seats when I check the seat selection in manage your booking it is obviously just pathetic customer service. Don't care how cheap flights with this airline are in future I won't be choosing them.