“Runs out of food, forgets to feed a portion of passengers”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed May 10, 2024

The crew ran out of meat options first round. Then either forgot to feed 1/5 of passengers or did not coordinate correctly until asked. They ran out of meat option again!?

Reviewed May 8, 2024

Crappiest airline ever! Tried to reschedule my flight on their website as I have made a mistake on the dates when booking, but it keep prompting errors after I chose the option. Called their hotline to try to resolve, but they put me on perpetual hold. When it finally got through, they spoke to me in Portuguese which I don’t understand. I asked to speak to English speaking officer, they put me on hold again. When I finally got an English speaking officer, halfway through the case, the line got cut off. I tried calling in 4 times again, and the line got cut off every single time when I finally get to speak to an officer. Spent almost 4 hours on the phone but didn’t managed to get my problem resolved. Total waste of time and really frustrating! Made a trip to the airport office eventually to resolve the issue. They charged me almost the same costs as I have bought for the original tickets to reschedule! Total rip off and worst experience ever!! I would have rate them zero star if I can! :(((
They are only still there because of lack of competition by other airlines in South America.
The only saving grace is the nice lady, Gabriele, at the airport counter, whom was very nice and helpful, so the one star is for her!

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Worst customer service experience of my whole LIFE!!!!!!! I had paid for the FULL service, which included changing dates of flights without a service charge, amongst other things. Come closer to my flight I needed to push my flight back by 2 days due to an urgent and unexpected family matter. Latam's system would not allow me to do this online, so I had to call customer service. As it stands, to change my flight via customer service was $800 more than changing it online (no extra for the flight) but even though there was a price difference, the online option was unavailable for no known or certified reason except "we can't help you with that". Then I mentioned to the customer service operator that should I cancel and rebook my ticket, what would happen. He responded it would be returned to my credit card within 30 days. This was not an option for me as I didn't have enough on my credit to book (or rebook) a second flight without first receivingthe refund to rebook my new dates. I asked if latam credit would be available and he said "sorry, it will go to your credit card". Then I called again the following day to work out another solution, meanwhile the flight had risen in price. I asked for a voucher or latam credit considering all I wanted to do was create a new booking, and I was met with the same answer "we cant help you with that, the money will go back on your credit card". Then I called customer service again asking why i cant change online and they said "maybe an error in the system ". I tried on consecutive days to change online and couldnt. It seems to me that changing online isnt in fact an option, even though the FULL service states it is. I called the customer service again to see if I could change my ticket using some form of latam credit and they said "no, this is not possible, money will be returned to your credit card". Anyway, as I didn't have enough on my credit card to repurchase my ticket (keeping in mind all I want to do was CHANGE THE DATE OF DEPARTURE!!!!) and I had an urgent family situation needing my attention, I decided to cancel my ticket in HOPE that the money would be returned SOONER than the said 30 days so that I could rebook my ticket. From the very moment I cancelled the ticket I grew in frustration because it turns out that the money wasn't returned to my credit card AT ALL, but to my LATAM WALLET!!!!!!!!!! To use as..... you know it .... CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!! Which is what I was asking for from the very first conversation with LATAM customer service. I WAS COMPLETELY MISINFORMED BY 4 DIFFERENT CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE AT LATAM AND LEAD TO BELIEVE THAT LATAM CREDIT WAS NOT AVAILABLE. AS A RESULT NOT ONLY DID I HAVE TO WAIT 72 HOURS FOR THE CREDIT BEFORE BEING ABLE TO USE IT, BUT THE PRICE OF THE TICKET I HAD INTENDED TO PURCHASE (OR CHANGE MY DATE TO) INCREASED BY OVER $800 USD !!!!!!!!!! HAD THEY OF GIVEN ME THE CORRECT INFORMATION FROM THE VERY START I WOULD HAVE CANCELLED MY TICKET AT THAT POINT AND REBOOKED MY NEW DATES AT THE SAME PRICE!!!!!! Now they are back to "sorry there is nothing we can do for you"!!!!!!!!!! They said: "you will get to use your credit". But what they are NOT UNDERSTANDING is that IF I HAD OF BEEN GIVEN THE RIGHT INFORMATION FROM.THE VERY BEGINNING I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CHANGE MY TICKET AT THE SAME PRICE. BUT LATAM are not able to see that it is DUE TO THEIR MISTAKE AND MISINFORMATION THAT I AM HAVING TO PAY TWICE AS MUCH FOR MY CHANGE OF DATE. ALL BECAUSE OF THEIR MISTAKE IN INFORMING ME CORRECTLY

LATAM HAVE SEVERELY MISINFORMED ME WHICH HAS CAUSED ME TO PAY TWICE AS MUCH FIR A TICKET AND ALL THEY CAN SAY IS "OH SORRY ABOUT THAT"??????

They have shrugged their shoulders and made it my problem.... even though there would have been NO PROBLEM had I of been given the correct information.

I mean, come on!!!!! All 4 customer service representatives gave me the EXACT SAME ANSWER!!! THE WRONG ANSWER. And that was that the money would go onto my credit card. And then, once cancelled, the money went into the latam wallet..... which is what I had requested from the start BUT WAS TOLD THAT THIS OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE.

And they are taking no responsibility to make this right.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

LATAM ARE TERRIBLE. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Worst airline in the world, partnership with Qantas the only thing they do is pass the problems from one to another. Not one single benefit was offered to me when my flight was canceled three hours before my departure time because they had over sell my place. I was only offer a plane TWO days after when I was in a city that is not home. I had to buy another flight with another company in the rush because I had to leave that day and they are not refunding me the money!! DONNOT FLY WITH THEM OR QANTAS. they don’t care about the costumer, terrible service and not problem solving.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Good company. On time. Very nice staff. They provide free connection for texting and entertainment. We used them once before but now we flew LATAM to Punta Arenas and back to Santiago. Very good

Date of travel: May 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.