“Worst customer service ever”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed May 18, 2024

Worst airline ever. Worst customer service ever. I was told I could bring my dog then told I couldn’t and they took my money and didn’t give me my money back.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank John B

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Because we had connecting flights with other airlines (Delta and Westjet), while we could check in online, we were not able to pre-pay for our checked baggage. As a result, we were charged the highest baggage fee at the airport. In addition, the agent told us that since our bags were being checked through to the US, if we paid for the baggage fees in Cusco for the two legs of our journey, the cost would be the same as if we were to pay for our Latham flight separately and then our Delta flight separately. Unfortunately, we believed her and so we paid the fees. However, upon checking when I got home, I discovered that the international fee charged by Latham is $130 whereas the international fee charged by Delta is only $60. Clearly, these costs are not the same. I have contacted customer service about this, but of course they are not willing to compensate me in any way. I do hope they change these practices of grossly overcharging baggage fees for these types of situations in the future.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed May 16, 2024

mannaggia a loro!! ho prenotato il volo pagando un bagaglio a mano in fase di prenotazione. poi al momento del check in , il giorno prima, il loro sito segnalava che il bagaglio a mano non era stato acquistato e quindi l'ho pagato un'altra volta. al momento dell'imbarco la hostess mi ha pure preso in giro, dicendo che ho pagato 2 volte il bagaglio. Li ho contattati e mandato centinaia di mail e non aiutano, non mandano il rimborso e mi hanno pure segnalato che nei loro sistemi risulta che avevo 2 bagagli a mano. fanno di tutto per non rimborsare!! mannaggia a loro e e mannaggia a loro. soldi persi, pirati allo stato puro!

damn them!! I booked the flight by paying for hand luggage at the time of booking. then at check in, the day before, their site reported that the hand luggage had not been purchased and so I paid for it again. when boarding the hostess even made fun of me, saying that I paid twice for the baggage. I contacted them and sent hundreds of emails and they don't help, they don't send a refund and they even told me that their systems showed that I had 2 hand bags. they do everything to not refund!! damn them and damn them. lost money, pure pirates!

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed May 16, 2024

Thank goodness this leg was on an A 320-200 plus the very friendly ground staff saw my height and placed us in the first row past Premium. This meant increased leg room and the only downside was the privacy screens that are put out after takeoff to separate the plebs from the upper class! These screens hit me in the head every time staff went in or out of that section. Small price to pay for a seat upgrade I thought? The flight was smooth & fairly friendly service from staff made sure we arrived happy & eager in Peru!

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Skeney57
Reviewed May 14, 2024

This leg was on the worst plane in the Latam stable, the A 319! Basically, it is a small bloody plane with no legroom. That's it, smaller than all the other Airbus products the space is reduced. Thankfully it wasn't a long flight, approx. 1hr. but as it was a flight we were not supposed to do, it was frustrating plus it was over full. Two people had to be off loaded! I hate the 319!!

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Skeney57
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.