“Getaway to Athens”
Review of Volotea

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Volotea had a good flight time to Athens from Venice. The plane was a very new Boeing in excellent condition. We were able to reserve the exit row for only 4euro's per person. The air hostesses were friendly and they even served a drink and a snack. The flight was exactly on time. The price was very reasonable, but to check a bag was 35 Euro's - quite expensive, even by the discount airlines standards, and only 20 kg was allowed. Additional weight cost extra, another 5 Euros for an extra 10kg. This flight from Venice was very comfortable and I would recommend Volotea! Best value for money is to fly without a checked bag.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Volotea, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Volotea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi lotus S, we strive every day to give our passengers the best customer experience and we really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to see you again on our flights!

Write a ReviewReviews (9,006)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was overbooked on my way home from Greece, they made me miss my connecting flight in Athens, gave me some BS food card that was empty, and their customer service is truly horrible. Because of their business practice of overbooking a flight with probably 80 people on it, myself and 2 other people had to buy new connecting flights, miss 2 days of work, pay additional cab fares, and endure copious amounts of frustration. They cost me $1000... My flight was in early October, and I'm still fighting them for a reimbursement. I called their office in Spain 7 times and I finally got through. They have 1 person who will not transfer you to their claim departments because, and I quote, "They do not have phones." They cower behind their computers. They don't care about their customers. Please guys, fly someone else, and tell your friends, family, co workers, and even people you don't like to do the same.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank Logan D

Thank you for providing us your feedback about your experience. We are sincerely concerned and apologize we fell short on your expectations in some area. It is our priority to offer a high quality of service to our passengers. So please contact us by email through the form that you will find on our website and we will be happy to discuss the matter in more detail so it does not happen again. We hope we can do better next time. Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

An average experience made intolerable by hidden fees and chaotic process. Charging 60euros to print out boarding passes is simply wrong.

Date of travel: November 2018

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent value but horrendous add on fees if you stray from the rules. Keep your luggage under the weight limit and size stipulated. Go to a printer to download and do up your return boarding pass or you'll pay dearly at the airport.

Otherwise perfect for the price.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi William B, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as it will help us improve the onboard experience. We hope to see you again soon on board :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Got to Athens and went to check in via customer service. I was told for my husband and I that it would be 50 euros per bag and 30 euros per person since we did not check in online. We ended up having to spend 160 euros for our bag and oursleves to fly from Athens to Santorini total (54 minute flight). I asked if we could check in online since we were early to our flight, and the customer service lady told me no because we were already in line with her. Very upsetting and dissipoitented in the fees and customer service. Would not suggest or ever fly via Volotea ever again.

Date of travel: November 2018