“Great Airline to Placencia, Belize”
Review of Tropic Air Belize

Reviewed February 17, 2018

We flew Tropic Air from Belize City to Placencia and we couldn't be happier with our choice. This was our first trip to Belize so we I didn't realize how far our resort was from the main airport in Belize City. It would've been a 3+ hour van ride versus a 30 min flight, so to me, that was a no brainer. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The views flying down the coast are beautiful. If you're going to Placencia, I highly recommend Tropic Air.

2  Thank Minnesotagirl62

Reviewed February 17, 2018

I have flown with Tropic Air twice now and each time has been great. The first time my I booked a huge layover because I wasn't sure how complicated it was going to be making the transfer. They saw my layover time and automatically asked if I wanted to move up my time. No change fee, no problems. The second time I was running slightly late and they were able to get me checked in and on my flight quickly so I made the flight. Will continue to use them when I travel to Belize. The flight itself was smooth with very nice pilots.

2  Thank Abi B
Reviewed February 15, 2018

We flew from San Ignacio to San Pedro, Belize and again from San Pedro to Belize City. The staff were exceptionally friendly. The flights were on time and everything ran smoothly. Great views flying over the ocean. Flights were very convenient and saved us a lost day of traveling -

1  Thank nurserehab
Reviewed February 14, 2018

This was our first trip to Belize. We had no idea how long it would take to clear Customs, nor how difficult it would be to get through the airport to get to the Tropic Air gates for our connecting flight. Therefore, we booked our Tropic Air flight for about two and a half hours after our arrival at Belize City. As it turned out, that was not necessary. Customs was a breeze. The airport is very easy to navigate. Our flight took off right on time, just after it started getting dark. There are no jetways at Goldson airport, so passengers walk out onto the tarmac. To me, that's always a nice nostalgic touch. The planes Tropic Air uses are the deHavilland Twin Otter, which is a terrific high-wing twin-engine prop plane. Be aware: these planes are NOT spacious! The way the seats are configured, it is a fairly snug fit. The flight to San Pedro airport at Ambergris Caye only lasts about 20 or 25 minutes, so it's not that big a deal. As a former skydiver, I had been on Twin Otters many times before, since they make excellent jump planes. I joked to my wife that this was the first time I had ever been on a Twin Otter that had seats, and also the first time I had ever aboard one that I took off in, My only regret was that it was dark outside by the time we took off, so we didn't get a view of the water between the mainland and Ambergris. Tropic Air personnel were courteous and efficient, and the plane was fast and smooth. It is, of course, more expensive to fly to Ambergris than it is to take the water taxi, but it is a heck of a lot faster, and you get to skip the lengthy cab ride between the airport and the pier.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

Great airline. Otters and Caravans make up the fleet i've seen. great choices for short haul routes. they are timely and their staff are exceptionally friendly.