“Smooth transition to Ecuador ”
Review of TAME Vuela Ecuador

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I booked this flight via hopper when I decided to travel on to Ecuador. I honestly had no problems except they changed the time of my flight by 15 minutes 5 days before my flight. Which I almost missed.

Flights ran on time, good check in experience. Overall the flight was really good.

Date of travel: November 2017

Reviewed January 13, 2018

If you need ANY space, want a bit of reclining, elbow room and minimal comfort, AVOID Tame. Even the locals complain about the cramped conditions !!
Thankfully, it's only a miserable 45-minute flight.
Latam has them beat, hands down.

Date of travel: December 2017
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

I was travelling from Toronto to Galapagos - which was a combination of many different airlines on an approved itinerary (nothing was booked separately all through United). We had one TAME flight out on the way home Christmas Eve - flying into Galapagos we we're on LATAM which is fantastic by the way.

A few weeks after booking in November, TAME moved the flight we were booked on from 10am to 1pm without notifying any other airline (or us, I just caught it randomly when I went to confirm flights) on the itinerary. United had it showing the 10am flight but TAME had the confirmation at 1pm. Our flight out of Guayaquil was at 1pm.

I called to complain and they said there was nothing they could do but be booked on another flight the next day even though Avianca was showing available seats at a perfect time that day. I needed to be home for Christmas Eve so I said that wasn't an option and they would need to rebook all flights back to Toronto for us. They mentioned they would talk to a manager and call me back.

It seems I'm the one lucky one where when they called back. I not only got TAME to put us on an Avianca flight that matched up with all the connections - but got them to put us in business class on that flight.

The only thing is TAME forgot to mention this to the booking airline, United, which caused further confusion in our itinerary that United had to sort out itself - but we did get home on time. I think I learned my lesson to stay away from this airline. Changing flights on a multi stop itinerary without notifying the booking airline is unprofessional.

Date of travel: December 2017
Reviewed January 7, 2018

My partner and I recently flew Tame to Lima, having booked the cheapest flights available. We will NOT repeat that mistake.

The airplanes are antiques, and even in first class, the monitors don't work and the seats don't all recline. (I don't think they even book first class tickets, we were offered an upgrade on one of our flights, which was kind but we realized they literally probably cannot sell the first class seats because they're all busted.) In economy, it's like being on a school bus.

There is no online check-in, no digital kiosk check-in at the airport, just enormous lines to wait in with everyone checking a hundred oversized bags each. And not a drop of alcohol on the flight either. Leaving Lima, and leaving JFK, we waited over an hour just to check in, and that was with us at the airport 3 hours in advance of our flight.

I give them a half point because they managed to get us into JFK the morning of the "bomb cyclone" just before the airport closed. However, the one bag we checked never made it to the baggage claim. Despite leaving voicemail messages and emailing their JFK baggage contact, I never heard back about how to get my bag.

Today I tried calling again and LUCKILY managed to reach someone who told me, "Honey, you have today and tomorrow between 6-11am to get my bag or we're gonna THROW IT OUT." Since it's after 11am, that really means I have just tomorrow.

I have low expectations of airlines in general, and I sensed from the moment I booked that it was a mistake, but am a little astonished that they're straight up DUMPING PEOPLE'S LOST CHECKED BAGS. Fair that the airport shut down halfway through the baggage claim and it was a full-blown blizzard outside... but I'm pretty sure that most airlines will deliver lost or delayed baggage to your house or at least that it is common industry practice to NOT TO TAKE CUSTOMERS' LOST CHECKED BAGS TO THE DUMPSTER without giving you a call.

TAME, are you reading this? I don't care if you have cheap old planes and no booze and terrible food. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR COUNTRY GET YR DA*M ACT TOGETHER WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Seriously, it's not that hard, or costly.

Date of travel: January 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
5  Thank nbell50
Reviewed January 6, 2018

I'm a pilot and a military officer who values integrity. TAME has near to no integrity. Please avoid TAME lest you suffer the same fate--flight canceled days ahead with shameful alternatives given (see below) and no refund.

Our wonderful Galapagos eco-adventure almost ruined by TAME last July/August.

Our flight was canceled 3 days ahead (no weather or maintencance; no reason given). They offered a flight 3 days later (and miss our tour group) or to fly to a different island and take a 2-3 hour boat ride (and miss our tour group). Avianca had seats yet they refused to acknowledge availability. We went into debt $$ paid Avianca (good flight) (again, on a flight that TAME said had no more seats hence they would not put us on it). Note: a few days later they canceled the return flight separately! (days in advance with no reason given)

I immediately called Expedia and TAME (3 days ahead of the flight). All of this was documented and we were ensured a refund was due. Then... they wait you out.

After I spent a month trying for a refund of our 5 round trip tickets (EXPENSIVE! life long dream trip), an Expedia supervisor spent a month trying to help with a refund. She was so frustrated she used her credit card experience to wisely suggest we attempt a refund with them (by then it was too late). This very kind Expedia supervisor even wrote a letter for me to send to the credit card company. I think Expedia may drop this airline due to my case alone.

TAME does not answer their phones in New York (the refund phone numbers). They give hollow replies to refund emails. They wait you out until you give up. This has been the experience of many. Pay a little more and avoid losing your hard earned money.

Date of travel: August 2017