“lack of accurate information”
Review of Boliviana de Aviacion

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Just before I left for the airport BoA rang to say there would be a three hour delay and that we would only fly to Cochabamba that night and on to Santa Cruz first thing next day. I rang the hotel and taxi I had booked in Santa Cruz to say I wouldn't be coming. Half an hour later BoA rang to say that there would in fact only be an hour delay and we would be going to Santa Cruz that night. I rang hotel/taxi and reinstated booking.
Checked in but no sign of plane arriving. Complete lack of information/interest from ground staff. Eventually runway lights switched on...after an hour switched off again. We were told plane was on the way which was obviously a lie! (It's a 20 minute flight so it had obviously not set off even though they insisted it had!) Eventually showed three hours late and we were only flown to Cochabamba (so had to ring taxi/hotel again!!). Bused to hotel in Cochabamba and spent a few hours there before being taken back to airport for 6.45am flight so made my connection but more frazzled than I would have liked!

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)

Reviewed February 21, 2018

I was due to fly to Cochabamba in the morning and return in the evening. The day before BoA rang to say that the flights had been "reprogrammed" and that there would be one flight at midday and no return. As this made it impossible to fulfil my commitments I asked for my money back. I was told I had to go to the office. I went to the office. They said I had to write a letter. Returned home, wrote the letter and delivered it to the office and it was stamped as received 9th January. I was told the repayment would take 30 days.
On the 19th February having not received a repayment I went to the office and was told it could take 45 days. I asked for a phone number to speak to someone about the repayment as they are handled in La Paz not in Oruro. The number given passed me to another number, to another number to another number and I was unable to speak to anyone about the matter. The lady responsible for repayments does not have a phone apparently. I tried all the numbers on the website and none answered.
Returned to the office the next day. One of the staff said she would speak to the person in charge and call me back. She didn't.
Returned to office next day and she spoke to the lady - via someone else's phone but in a private room so I couldn't hear their conversation. She came back and said as it is repayment to a credit card rather than a cheque it will take another 2 months. I explained to her that repayments to credit cards are as easy as charging a credit card.
Insisted she gave me her boss's phone number - he was not in the office. Phoned his mobile and asked him to call me back which he did.
He proceeded to make lots of excuses about it being a state company etc but finally agreed to speak to the lady himself and let me know if the process can be speeded up.

1  Thank oruromanta
Reviewed February 14, 2018

This was an option based on time table not price. and it was not a bad one.
No delays Good service aircraft are a bit tired but for the must part a usable company.
Employees on the jet are proud and grateful they have you as a customer and thus they have a decent dream job. As for the entertainment is a bring your own. the norm these days.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

We flew from Buenos Aires to Santa Cruz Bolivia and then switched planes and flew on to Miami. The planes were new and well kept. They provide snacks/lunch during the flight. Boarding at both locations when smoothly. A few major air lines in North America should take note Oh, the other thing is the extra amount of leg room between the seats.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

We travelled with BoA from La Paz to Uyuni. The early morning flight from La Paz was perfect because we could get to Uyuni at 9 am and not waste the day! The flight was very comfortable and we took off and landed on time. No complaints and would not hesitate to travel with them again. We booked directly through their website and got a good deal. The other great thing about this flight was that the economy class ticket included a checked in baggage (20 kg from memory) which was perfect for us international tourists!

1  Thank VG1302