“Just a typical budget airline”
Review of Sriwijaya Air

Reviewed December 12, 2017

That was a good flight actually for a budget airline, based on my previous experience taking budget airlines in Europe. I saw people worried about air security in Indonesia in previous post but actually I read an article recently and Indonesia managed to exceed the requirements of Internarion civil aviation organisation (ICAO) meaning thus it get world recognition in air security during its last audit. I know people can get scary by the inside condition of the plane but I think this is because they rather prefer to focus on external maintenances such as engine rather than on internal maintenance. Remember, it’s a budget airline, so they have to make a choice. And not all plane are old, the plane I took was pretty recent actually. Landing was smooth, and crew and food was ok. Good experience overall.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

We were boarded about 20-25 minutes early, but had to wait until all the passengers got on. The plane was still refueling. It was not a full plane load, yet when we arrived we were missing a case. The food did not look appetizing, and none of our party tried any as we have had it before and never liked it. We did appreciate the drink (a small cup of water, or soda, or juice). The staff were okay, but didn't even pick up the small cups before we landed; so didn't clean up. We left the plane with them still stuck in the pocket behind the seat. Instead of going around collecting any cups or paper etc later in the flight, like other airlines, they were busy trying to sell products. The seats are regular, not a lot of leg-room. Air Asia, also a budget airline, seems to be better than they are from our experiences with both. However, they don't fly to East Timor, so we had to choose Sriwijaya from Bali. When we had booked Citilink wasn't flying during that time. Glad it isn't a long flight.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

I was so scared from the moment I've jumped on the plane!
I know it's Indonesia, but I can't understand the plane conditions and how they allow the aircrafts to travel!
Unfortunately, I didn't take any picture, but I had experienced Lion Air from Yogyakarta to Depansar and it was the more or less the same experience!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank taniamteixeira
Reviewed December 5, 2017

The flight was delayed and the ground staffs did not know what to answer. Once we got to the plane, we still had to wait more than 40 minutes inside the plane and worse was the passengers were being asked to get out of the flight and change to another plane that was not even ready yet.
We spent more than half day at the airport and missed out our plans for the rest of the day...Never fly with Sriwijaya ever again

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank sylviana s
Reviewed December 3, 2017

the plane was good, clean. the flight stewardess was friendly, getting bread and mineral water, air conditioning was good