“Awful in every way”
Review of Thai Lion Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Inept customer service, buggy website, based at the world's worst airport. This airline has literally nothing going for them.

1  Thank leaveyourdailyhell

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I booked my ticket online and the fare from Taipei to Bangkok was the cheapest available. The flight time was good, I’d morning giving plenty of time to get to the airport from the city centre.
I’d read reviews that said the seats were uncomfortable and the leg room too little and when I tried to reserve a seat online, there was no facility, so I got to the airport early.
I asked if it were possible to have an aisle seat as I was tall and the woman on the check in desk was so helpful and friendly, it. Made all the difference. I was given an exit seat and an aisle seat at no extra charge which is unusual for budget airlines. You also get 15kg of check in luggage as part of the ticket price which Air Asia and Vanilla Air don’t offer. I was very happy. With that. When I boarded the plane, I had been given the whole row of 3 seats to myself and so had another tall European adjacent to me. I slept all the way.
Very good; responsive service, smooth flight, gentle landing. I’d recommend.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Left my tablet in the seat pocket. Wrote it off as a loss but called lost and found just to check.

It was my lucky day. The staff in DMK found it while cleaning the plane and turned it in!

I recovered it from their customer counter near baggage claim and was on my way. Only complaint (if you can call it one) was that that the English speaking phone representative was difficult to understand and hold times were quite extended ( I misinterpreted him and tried to recover it from Phuket airport.

Honest employees with pride in their work goes a long way with me. Thumbs up Thai Lion! Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The booking was no problem, beware of low free weight and book additional kg because that could become expensive on site. We flew from Bangkok to Hat Yai and back. I asked for seats at the emergency exit and only got them on the way back because my girl-friend wore a dress and not pants… I booked lunch and the stuff was more or less OK. The service on board is kind and professional.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 5 November 2017

so refreshing when people try to find a solution for you brainstorming all possible options and finally finding it. it's pity so many other service providers go by the book and resolve al issues by "sorry, this is not my responsibility/ it's not according to our rules! option. Thai Lion Air girls at the checking really impressed me by team work and attention to the details.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)