“Flight was fine but late.”
Review of Southern Airways Express

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight itself was fine, but was an hour late, which presented problems for the people I was meeting (and planned to pick me up). I have rarely been in a plane this small, though it was not crowded because there were only four passengers (and perhaps ten seats). The pilot and co-pilot were very personable, perhaps because there were so few passengers. It was also an enjoyable way to see the countryside we passed over. Another bonus was that the flight was only $29, which was cheaper than driving.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Flew over the long labor day weekend. Flight left DFW 1/2 hour earlier than usual due to weather issues which we beat!

While waiting in Harrison, AR, the pilot came over to us and let us know that we would be leaving shortly. (again about 1/2 hour earlier) The free parking at both airports is a plus. It's a stress free way to travel-NO TSA. Can't beat the price, and saved me many hours of driving time.

Since I have family in the Harrison area, and most recently will be building a house in that area, I look forward to flying them again in the future.

2  Thank Carol-Ann S
Reviewed August 29, 2018

I flew from Pittsburgh to Lancaster PA for $99 including taxes and fees. I could not drive there for that price.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I think my title says it all. It was an experience, not one I care to repeat. It was a propeller plane that was whipped about by the force of wind; it was hard to not get motion sickness. For a significant portion of the ride I thought I was going to vomit, and my stomach remained upset for some time after. The pilots were nice. The check-in process with Richard was horrific and incredibly and unbelievably slow and painful. Not only was Richard rude, but he also lacked in comprehension skills. He alone was reason enough to never travel with this Airlines, but the flight too proved to be too much. I’ve included pictures of their plane options.

1  Thank SophisticatedPalate
Reviewed August 3, 2018

I booked a flight from Memphis to Harrison for a Saturday morning arrival and Sunday evening return, so I could more easily visit my 95 year old great grandmother in Eureka Springs ahead of both mine and her upcoming birthdays. I also booked a hotel in Fayetteville AR to celebrate with friends. I received an email 18 hours before departure that they had without cause changed the departure time by more than 6 hrs, which on a weekend trip, is pretty much a deal killer when they say that they would put you on a different airline, but what they fail to say is that you will pay the difference in fare despite it obviously being a lot when it would be day before booking. My real issue is not the random flight time change, but the fact that when I called the airlines, the agent refused to even discuss what their policies were or anything about my flight or other flights they had since I had booked through Expedia. Expedia got me a full refund (in theory it will be given back to me in the next 2 MONTHS), but I would be very hesitant to book with Southern Airways Express unless you have 8hrs+ worth of flexibility in each leg of your schedule.