“Boutique Air/Car Portland to Pendleton”
Review of Boutique Air

Reviewed May 30, 2018

It was a birthday trip to Joseph OR that brought us to Boutique Air. 1 hour flight on a PC 12 gets you a nice view in comfortable seats with little leg room. They accommodate if possible for long legs to get in the section with more room. They do have to base seat assignments on weight if the plane is full. Great view of the Columbia River and mountains. Very nice waiting room in Portland and Pendleton on the other side has free wifi.

Boutique also has a car rental service. The choices are a Toyota Highlander or Rav 4. $69 per day, unlimited miles got us a Toyota Rav 4 awd with a sunroof/moonroom, heated seats, and leather. We felt so spoiled and it was the perfect car to drive the 2.5 hours to Joseph and did well on the country roads. I believe the car service is fairly new (about 1 year) but was so easy in Pendleton as the car was waiting for us right in front. You do have to be patient after landing if there is another flight leaving. Usually there is one staff who checks in flights, loads the luggage, and checks in/out the rental car. Still better than waiting in line at the rental car booths at larger airports.

Because of Boutique Air I was able to finally make it to Joseph OR and enjoy the beautiful Wallowas on a three day weekend. Flying allowed us to spend more time in that magical corner of Oregon.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Riki0818_12

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

I had a flight from Vernal, Utah to Salt Lake scheduled to leave at 12:35 pm and arrive at 1:25 so I could make my 3:10 pm to Seattle and then onto Sitka, Alaska. I was never contacted until I arrived at the airport in Vernal that there was a mechanical issue and the flight was delayed for 3 hours. I missed my connecting flights and I’m still in Salt Lake waiting to leave for Alaska. If they had just communicated with me, I could have possibly driven to Salt Lake and made my flight. My change fees were $450, I had to pay for a hotel, and I missed work in Sitka. When I contacted Boutique Air, they said they have to responsibility when it comes to ensuring customers make their connecting flight. They said I am owed no monetary compensation from them. What a terrible way to treat customers. I literally have to pay for their poor communication and poor customer service. I hope they make changes in the future.

2  Thank don h
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

How do you make a 4 hour trip turn into a 36 hour one? You book a flight with this airline. I'm not sure why I continue to attempt to use this airline....9/10 times ridiculous delays that just end in snow balling cancellations. If they where smart, they would just revise there policy and let you cancel with a refund or even a credit if delay is more than hour. The complete lack of communication is what is so maddening. Give us options Boutique, I feel like most of the companies money might be made with people just giving up and forfeiting their ticket price.

And what is with this company not updating the status of the flight? 2 hours after I was suppose to arrive at my destination, the website still showing that my flight is ontime.

Meanwhile. On the other side of the state my mom is driving all the way out to the airport under false pretenses.

And maintenance always seems to be the issue. Why isn't maintenance scheduled around flights... not the other way around.

Shame on you Boutique. Even with all your issues you could be great, your pilots are great, your planes are cozy, but you don't choose to operate within your limitations or respect your passenger's time. We purchase your flights under this delusional that you will save us time...instead you force us into a sick time hole suck, it must be a layer of limbo in hell.... back and forth to the airport, waiting waiting and waiting.

I'm done with your games Boutique. Once I get my refund in 6-8 weeks, I'm hitting the road. I can bike to my destination with more reliability.

2  Thank lilykaku
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Had to go to a friends funeral and found Boutigue Air at the Salt Lake City airport. Quick, easy and a very good flight to Denver.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

I would have given the airline no stars had it not been for my original flight departing Denver to Chardon was on time. The people were fast and friendly. My returning flight was delayed for almost 2 hrs, causing me and another passenger to miss our connecting flights. 5 people total, 2 missed.....that's 40%. Reason given.....need oxygen for the plane. Granted....happy we had that, but poor planning took my return connecting flight (2-1/2 hrs) to 14 hrs and $100 fee. I called customer service to voice my complaint.....heard nothing! The caller simply said they would let management know. Really???? I will NOT take Boutique Air again.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Mark B