financy wrote a review Aug 2022
Columbia, Missouri2 contributions
Day 1:
This is not our first time cruise. We booked 2 rooms to accommodate our 13 yr old twins, 75 yrs old non English speaking mom, my husband and I. We were assigned to Our window cabins that were on opposite side of the ship. So We requested to move our rooms to side by side for ease of communication w our families and enjoying time together. We requested for closer rooms once we boarded inside the ship. However, we were told that we are not able to be moved DESPITE verifying with housekeeping that there is an available empty room right next to ours!! We asked guest services the reason why they won’t let us move our other room closer, their answer:”there’s no available room. And because we are the one who is in charge not the housekeeper”… yeah, I just want to know WHY is that room next door blocked off ? According to the housekeeper, there’s is nothing wrong with the empty next door room…See my frustration?

My 2nd frustration? The internet sucks. Paid for the most expensive internet connection but connection is only about 25% inside our room. I kept on getting disconnected inside the room. Even around the deck, connecting is sketchy. Unable to make WiFi calls to my husband, texting is not bad.

However, our housekeeper, dining servers I are all GREAT! They are so nice and attentive ❤️

Restaurant dinings & BUFFETS selections are GREAT too! Dinner dining selections are all 5STAR level food!! They are all delicious!

Desserts in the restaurant dining are AMAZING! 5 star Michelin level!

Beware, of added cost like in-room bottled water, soda in dining rooms, and tips are also automatically added to your account! Self service Tea at Lido buffet are free though
Sail Date: August 2022
Cabin Type: Outside
Type of Trip: Family (young kids)
Destination: Bahamas
1 Helpful vote
Scroll below for other great reviews

Carnival Elation

Interior Upper/Lower (1A)
  Porthole (PT)

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 185 - 185 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 8

• Filter
  • English
Alainaandjoe wrote a review May 20
Elizabethton2 contributions
Our cruise was may 13-18 worse cruise I've ever been on. Staff not friendly, elevators not working, A/C not working in our cabin, ship dirty, same choice of food every day, ice machines always out of ice. Save yourself some disappointment and use another cruise line
Ebony M wrote a review May 18
1 contribution
Carnival Elation boat - old, needs updated, steam room wasn't working, fridge in room didn't work, only one pool, no track, elevators not working, repairs being done throughout the cruise out in the open and in show rooms, lights in the cafeteria weren't working, automatic doors squeal, USB ports in the room don't work, beer station down Carnival Elation staff - never had a staff act like they didn't want to be there or help, no friendliness, boat was not upkept Carnival Elation itinerary - itinerary changed one day before sail, we were told via email that an engine issue was causing the change in stops, were supposed to stop at two islands, changed to one island and it was the worst island in Bahamas, refund was not available, sail off time changed and we were not alerted until boarding the vessel Carnival Elation food - never thought I'd experience bad cruise food, food was horrible, same food served EVERY NIGHT (and I've been on 10+ cruises and I've NEVER experienced bad cruise food or such a lack of selection in the buffet)
Robert B wrote a review May 3
1 contribution
I booked the Carnival Elation as a special gift for my mom's 75th birthday, but unfortunately, our experience fell short of expectations. Firstly, we received a last-minute notification of a delay, pushing back our departure time. Mechanical issues further disrupted our schedule, with changes to our itinerary and extended periods at sea due to the ship's problems. The onboard experience was marred by unpleasant odors, unsupervised children, and inadequate customer service. Many passengers, including myself, suffered from seasickness exacerbated by the slow 8mph pace of the ship. The ship's condition was concerning, with sewage smells and even instances of puke in the hallways. Carnival's response to issues such as flooding in cabins was inadequate, offering $25 on-board credit only as compensation. Despite spending a significant amount on the cruise, Carnival refused to provide any credit or partial refunds for the disruptions and disappointments. In light of these issues, I recommend exploring alternative cruise lines such as Norwegian or MSC for a more enjoyable and reliable experience. Ultimately, while the time spent with my mom was precious, the overall experience aboard the Carnival Elation left much to be desired. Save your money!
Sightsee00962101972 wrote a review Apr 2024
1 contribution
We sailed on Carnival Elation to the Bahamas and felt it was an incredibly chaotic experience. There was something wrong with the boat which delayed our departure time and ended up canceling one of our port visits. Communication was very confusing and disjointed. Our morning in Nassau, our catamaran and snorkeling excursion was cancelled due to "not enough interest." When we arrived at the information desk we saw a long line of people who received the same message. Come to find out the cruise actually meant to say it was cancelled due to weather. We booked a dolphin excursion instead. As we got off the boat we learned the dolphin excursion was cancelled and same man who minutes before had sold us the dolphin excursion got us to book a swimming with the pigs excursion. We got on a small boat, arrived at the island, and learned the pig excursion was cancelled but we were trapped on the island for the next four hours. As soon as we arrived back on the cruise ship they informed us the second excursion was also cancelled. Overall incredibly poor communication and customer service. Nothing was done to assist besides a $100 cruise credit per stateroom not passenger. I felt very disappointed with this use of half my vacation days for the year and very disappointed in the response from carnival. I would not recommend carnival to anyone.
R G wrote a review Jan 2024
36 contributions8 helpful votes
Returned 3 days ago and husband is still ill from a stomach bug. Read recent news articles before booking! Overall, I'd still give this ship a 2 compared with other ships/lines I've been on. Suite was good sized, and crew were very friendly. Even with 2017 refurbishment, it's an old ship. Lots of crying kids aboard. Food was passable, but except for burgers, deli, and pizza, passable is about the best I can say. Lots of small issues like a chunk of glass on our room's floor when we went in, elevators out of service when I had an appointment on 12 and our room was on 6 (and I am currently unable to do stairs after surgery), spa appointment time changed but we were not informed, issues with Carnival Hub and QR codes provided in room, announcements cutting in and out, technical problems with online boarding passes, dining menus, etc. All minor frustrations that could have been avoided by a cruise line that was at the top of their game. Carnival is not that line. Took the cruise because we live near Jax, but next time, I think I'll drive to Miami/FLL. It's cheap and convenient, but it is a "2" for sure compared with the other dozen cruises I've taken.

Upcoming itineraries

4 Night Cruise to the Bahamas
Departure date
Thursday, 24-09-26
The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
Itinerary
Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.