“flight canceled while I was at the airport and nothing done!”
Review of VietJetAir

Reviewed January 11, 2018

On December 25th, 2017 I had left Taiwan for SGN on Vietjet Airlines VJ885. I get to SGN and find out that my next flight (VJ331) has been canceled!
IT was NOT TRUE that it was due to a typhoon! Other flights were going there around the same time from SGN. Vietjet said they would only give me a refund as the "reschedule" was for 4 days later! 4 DAYS LATER?! I lost my pre-paid hotel booking and finally got there on a Jetstar crazy high price 2 days later.
Over the years, I have used Vietjet before (even though almost every flight with them was delayed) but I couldn't believe how they can just cancel a flight completely (just hours before) and then say I can get the reschedule 4 days later or here's a refund. Two weeks later, I still don't even have the refund.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank CanadianinTaiwan
Write a ReviewReviews (2,240)

Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a connecting flight with Vietjet from PQC to SGN, then from SGN to HK.

Their first plane was delayed by over 1.5 hours which led to us missing he next Vietjet flight.

When we got to the check in counter, they said it was closed but if we run with our check in luggage as our hand luggage, we might make it.

This was impossible was we still had to take our all the liquids from our main luggage.

Needless to say, they then proceeded to blame us for not taking out the liquids in our bags and hence, we missed our own flight.

Travelers be aware of this tactic, we only had 5 to 10 minutes to get a boarding pass, go through passport control, customs and still run across the tarmac to the plane.

Their delay was now shifted to us for not taking out the liquids in our main luggage. What nonsense and unethical behavior!

2  Thank AzenF
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Totally cavalier approach to time keeping. Switched our flight to one 4 hours later and that only took off after 2 further lengthy delays. No apology, no explanation
Suggest avoid if at all possible

2  Thank michaelcS6415KQ
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Our flight was delayed for four hours and they let us know just step by step while waiting. The seats and the service on board were ok. On the English hotline nobody is answering the phone and it took five days until they answered an email about my lost luggage.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Benjamin V
Reviewed January 9, 2018

This is a low cost airlines and we were lucky to be in row 1 so we had lots of legroom. When it comes to service, it was passable but nothing exceptional. Hardly any food choices to purchase as they had run out, or so they say. Would I travel again? Yes to save money....seats were fine.

1  Thank Xanerin