“Cheating customers blatantly”
Review of Jambojet

Reviewed April 16, 2018

We booked tickets this month April 2018 for our family for round trip travel from Nairobi to Mombasa and back for travel next month.

Despite selecting the more expensive "SMART" fare which included free change, free check in baggage and free seat selections, we were charged the higher fare + additional cost for baggage ad seat selection.

If you did not chose your " free seats" the booking would not go forward and if you chose the seats then they would purposely charge you etc.

After exchange 15 emails with Naomi / Beatrice and Margaret, they stopped responding and only agreed to refund the additional wrongly charged amount to someone else or to us for future travel within 6 months. My question about being a tourist fell on deaf ears.

Prior to booking I even informed Naomi that I was facing this cost and she tried to convince me that it was just a fare breakup and would not get added. She lied because the fare did get added and I paid more for the tickets after already spending 50% more for booking the SMART fare instead of the promotional cheaper fare.

They mentioned to me on email that "our fares are non refundable." I informed them I wasn't asking for a refund of my ticket, I was asking for a refund for the extra amount charged wrongly by Jambo Jet. To this they had no answer.

I also asked them to add food and drink to all our tickets to adjust the excess amount paid to us but they chose to ignore this option and also refused to refund the extra amount back on my credit card.

This was the first experience with Jambo Jet bookings and I would NEVER RECOMMEND this airline to anyone and we haven't even flown with them yet.

A Kenyan travel agent recommended this low cost airline and they have lived up to the fact that LCC is not only unreliable but also unfair.

STAY AWAY FROM SUCH A CARRIER BECAUSE THEY USE NO LOGIC WHEN DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS. I AM STUCK AS MY TICKETS ARE BOUGHT BUT BEWARE.

If someone has a Kenyan Aviation ministry contact, please do let me know as I would like to escalate this matter to show the malpractice of this airline to harass customers.

4  Thank MumbaiIndiTraveller

Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

Good service too and fro. Dash 8 aircraft a little noisy which of course is no fault of the airline. Good on time performance. Aircraft was only a year old at the time of flight.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Our family flew to UKA with JamboJet yesterday and were very pleased with the entire experience.

The flight was basically on time, all the staff were top notch, and the plane was a brand new Q-400 Dash 8. Highly recommend JamboJet!

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Flight was late coming from Nairobi to Eldoret. Had to cancel/move meetings. Now flying back and it’s late again by 30 minutes. Their competitor Fly 540 departed on time from Nairobi and is departing again on time returning to Nairobi. Wish I had paid the little extra to book that. A true shame. Will never fly again. Really disappointed.

1  Thank masifc
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Flew from Nairobi to Malindi on afternoon flight. My wife uses a wheelchair so it was interesting to see how they coped and the answer was very good. Transferred to small chair to access plane and then down the aisle to seat. At Malindi we were met by ground crew who transferred my wife to her own chair and then out to arrivals hall. Overall a very positive experience.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)