“Delayed 5 hrs plus - I missed my international flights - out of pocket $710.00 AUS”
Review of Jambojet

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Not Happy Jan

Poor communication and ownership for delays. I waited 5 plus hrs in Mombasa airport for my plane to arrive. Plane rescheduled 3 plus times and in the end I missed my international flights from Nairobi to Dubai. It cost me an extra nights accommodation, extra taxi fares and an extra $710 AUS to re book with Emirates. Still fighting with all involved for compensation. Insurance, (Covermore now reffered to as Don'tcover much), won't cover, as it's the transporters fault. Jambojet won't cover as they booked my flight for the next day and say they are not responsible for anything else. I'm now trying Emirates again even though they have said not their fault I was a no show and couldn't contact them!!!

Lessons learned:

1. Where possible take the train (New Mombasa Nairobi fast train is up and running)
2. Check insurance re transporter flight delays, check the fine print
3. Try to book flights all on the the one ticket, then they are "connecting flights" and
you may have a chance of compensation if one is delayed and you miss the next.
(Jambojet is affiliated with Kenyan Airways but I think they operate independently)

Happy travels, learn from my mistakes.

Maria

FlyJambojet, Customer Service at Jambojet, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Hello Maria,

Accept our humble apologies for the delay, and the great inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, sometimes, due to unforeseen circumstances, we're forced to reschedule flights. Please provide us with your booking reference number and we'll update the relevant department.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

It was a fairly good flight to and fro and both on time. We flew with a toddler and lucky we had carried snacks for her because the airline only provides snacks at a cost. There is some kind of aircraft noise which can be painful to the ears for a toddler or non-frequent flyer. Some chewing gum for an adult and a drink for our toddler really helped.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

I always fly Jambo jet between Mombasa and Nairobi - return fares for business or work as the timings of the flights are convenient.
Most often, the flights are delayed from half hour to more.
In May 2018 it was a fantastic relief to note, both ways my to and fro flights were dot on time, without any delays at all.
The airplane interiors were cleaner and the staff were also more experienced, cordial and polite.
I feel there has been a great improvement in all areas of this airline.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
FlyJambojet, Customer Service at Jambojet, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Thank you for your review Sukesha. We always aspire to provide the best experience to our customers and we're glad you enjoyed our services. We look forward to having you back on board soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

I used jambojet from nairobi to ukunda and from mombasa to nairobi. the flight to ukunda was awesome, the ladies who checked me in were very courteous and helpful. the service I received from mombasa at check inn was lacklustre to say the least, the lady insisted that i pay for baggage yet the bag and items were the same as when I went to ukunda ( wasnt charged). when i asked how come she decided to ignore me for atleast 5 minutes while on her phone.... I mean I am standing right infront of you!!!! I held my cool and paid for the baggage but honestly despite the great service from nairobi to ukunda, I do not think I will be using jambojet anytime soon.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello Marion. We apologize for the experience you had at our Mombasa check in point, this is not at all characteristic of our service. Please share with us your reference number, and we will follow up to ensure this doesn't happen again. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Excellent and really friendly crew. the crew was very helpful and polite. the flight was also on time and boarding was done also on a timely manner.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
FlyJambojet, Customer Experience at Jambojet, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful feedback Lucy! We are glad you enjoyed your flight and we look forward to having you back on board!