“Not even sure is a real airline”
Review of HOP!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Booked a few months in advance, was checked-in, had seats allocated and less than 12 hours before the flight was booked onto another flight scheduled about 27 hours after my initial flight. Never made it onto this one because I was booked onto yet another flight. By this point I took the train, I'd probably still be on a cycle of being booked onto ever later flights if I hadn't.

The comms were poor, the message started something like "we're pleased to provide you an update on your upcoming flight" well I was less than pleased to receive it.

There are newer reviews for HOP!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

small plane, only one crew - and still good and friendly service during this one hour flight. departure was delayed due to busy Amsterdam.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We had booked a flight out of Boudreaux via Lyon to Venice as there was not direct flight .
We were not notified that the flight from Lyon to Venice had been cancelled due to a pilot strike .
At check-in we were told the flight had been cancelled. No alternative was offered. The service was non existent and rude . Finally we were told our best option was to drive from Lyon as no flights were scheduled for the next day either. We took the flight to Lyon . We called the travel agent to see what could be done and she had given some options to get us closer to our destination.
Soon after arrival in Lyon we experienced great service from some HOP staff who tried to resolve our issue . But due to timing could not . The whole major problem could of been avoided if the Boudreaux staff actually cared - we could of been checked through to Bologna close to our destination. In the end we had to wait seven hours at Lyon airport flying to Munich then Milan to pay for extra hotel costs and car hire to Venice losing well over 800€ and time off our holiday in Venice .

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 16 July 2017

You may want to read this before you book with HOP:

I had bought a ticket months in advanced, which was suddenly fully canceled by HOP the day on beforehand (without explanation, but probably due to the airline strikes).

I was not offered any kind of compensation whatsoever, but was offered a new flight the next day, 24h later... I contacted their contact center, and asked whether or not that flight was very certain and confirmed, or whether it was also at risk of being canceled. They guaranteed me that this new flight would definitely not be canceled, regardless of the strikes.

The next day, that flight got also canceled without explanation (again, I assume the strikes). This time however, I was not offered any alternative whatsoever. I tried to contact the customer support center (during opening hours), but gave up trying after more than an hour (nobody picked up the phone).

I was therefore forced to buy a last minute train ticket to still get to my destination, and one-way cost me more than the actual two-way plane ticket.

I have received no information from HOP with respect to financial claims, getting back your money, or any compensation or alternative.

I will never fly HOP again. Be warned.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I used HOP! for return flights Oslo to Paris (and back) during February.

The only main drawback of the service was the extremely early departure from Oslo which for me required an overnight stay at an airport hotel. I needed to check in at about 05:45 and it was one of the first flights out of OSL (I'm guessing this flight is intended to feed long-haul departures at CDG).

HOP! operate E-190 aircraft which look and feel like an Airbus that has shrunk in the wash. The result is 2x2 seating which is about as comfortable as any regular A320 or 737 aircraft. However the overhead luggage space is limited, so pack carefully. My modest cabin baggage had a hard time fitting in there due to a fellow passenger placing his skate board in there(!).

The return flight was also an E-190 (The smaller E-170 was actually planned for that one). Lunch was served on that flight which included the best tasting sandwich I had ever eaten on an aircraft. Very well done there.

In conclusion, although HOP! is Air France's budget brand, they are still just as good as the regular Air France fleet.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank Rawrtacular