“Bizarre requirements upon arrival”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The first leg of our flight from Edinburgh to Newark, NJ was on Flybe, to Manchester. (The larger part of our flight was on United.) We realize it is a small airline, and it was easy to miss directional information in Edinburgh. Our complaint was that upon arriving in Manchester, the entire plane load was shepherded into a stairwell where we waited until the person seeing us off the plane could come inside, wade through all the passengers and unlock the door at the top of the stairs. People with tight connections were very unhappy in the stairwell, but even less happy when we had to stay in line for a "check in" of sorts that included what we presume was an iris scan before we could move on to our connecting flight. Perhaps that is the norm in the UK, but we're used to getting off one plane and on to another without drama (unless of course, the flight is delayed, gate is changed, etc.) It left us puzzled.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,648)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have flown lots, but this airline was brilliant. The flight was on time, in fact early on the way out. The cabin staff were the most friendly had helpful crew I have ever experienced. Will certainly use them again. Thank you.

1  Thank Dilly1808
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flight from Birmingham delayed. Check in system now broken in the Isle of Man. Apparently they tried migrating to a new IT system. Big mistake for an organisation with FMB’s levels of competence and expertise. Web services down too. Then again, I think that if I’d had two consecutive FlyMayBe flights devoid of problems I’d have died of shock.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I hate airports. Too much waiting. Two hour check in for a domestic flight seems a little ridiculous. But hey ho. Flybe staff are all helpful and can't fault the timetable. Set off on time and landed early. Can't ask for better than that really. Used to use them regularly and they didn't disappoint this time.

Dear FlyBe,
Yes all of you, not just the CEO or Customer Services or the Gate Staff, but also Pilots, Stewards and Stewardesses, Ground Crew and Baggage Handlers, you have all become a big part of my life recently, so thank you.
But to be honest “you shouldn’t have become”.
You should be as inconsequential as the post person who puts letters through my door or the bin persons who empties my bins. These are services that just happen without question or interruption, they are regular, efficient, professional and mostly on time, and don’t make excuses.
With FlyBe I pay for a service that I don’t get., Not only do I not get it, but it costs me more both financially and emotionally. I should not have to ring my wife to say I am late because of FlyBe. I should not be ringing my boss to say I can’t host that important call because of FlyBe. I should not have to be apologising to friends and cancelling hotels because of Flybe. I should not have to spend hours in a confined space with strangers. I should not have to have carefully prepared plans trashed. I should not be so emotional and stressed to the point that I feel the need to write this letter because of Flybe, BUT I AM.
Three times in the last 10 days with FlyBe I have had two flights cancelled, one delayed and one where I was stood in the Baggage claim for over an hour with no explanation as to what would happen and when (strangely no FlyBe reps were available to assist). When an apology does come and if it does, it is always “we sincerely apologise” (good name for a budget airline, if you should think of changing your name), oh and by the way here is 8 Euros to get a coffee, but you better be quick as the flight leaves in 20 minutes, “we sincerely apologise”.
So FlyBe (and that is all of you) a big thank you for being such a significant part of my life. You are certainly influential, but don’t worry this is not just me, you are also a big part of thousands of other people’s lives as well. Well Done Fly Maybe.

2  Thank stuartmarsden1