“Flying with a disabled family member”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife has difficulty walking and particularly climbing stairs. We contacted Virgin Airlines to see what service they could offer to make it easier for my wife to board and leave the aircraft.
When we booked in, an Virgin attendant arranged for a wheel chair, so that my wife would not have to walk the considerable distance to the Departure Gate.
We were given priority when it was time to board and she was pushed to a small lift beside the aircraft and stepped off to board. We were allocated seats at the front, with a little more leg room. After an enjoyable flight, the same courtesy was extended to my wife in Hobart.
Our return flight to Sydney, she enjoyed the same consideration. I might add that another lady, with difficulty walking, enjoyed the same courtesy.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,135)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight was delayed for several hours and was given food vouchers while we waited.
Was late getting into Auckland and missed our connecting flight and was greeted while a night in the Novotel across the road and a $50 food voucher. Was really impressed as you here horror story's from other airlines and was expecting to get nothing as we only had the "cheap seats". Really made a bad situation a lot more pleasant! Thanks Virgin !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For a good price, Virgin offer a fantastic service where staff are friendly and seats are comfortable. The little snack was really good and honestly can’t complain about anything for the flight.

• Value for money
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight left he terminal a.m. time and landed a few minutes early in Cairns. Air crew was present and very professional. The plane was a Boing 737. However it was clear that it was cleaned often and well maintained( on the inside) I would happily do business with this company again and recommend them to friends traveling in the area. Because of this positive experience I would strongly consider doing business with them in other parts of the world.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is such a pity people recline their seats, everyone has a right but so do we sitting behind them. We had someone recline their seat and a child kicking the back of my seat. We had to ask the air hostess to get the person in front to move his seat when we got our coffee and she said he had a right......come on really. We do too, especially with our long legs.
Apart from those incidents the flight was great, on time and smooth.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)