“Nice surprise”
Review of Hong Kong Airlines

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I flew for the first time with this airline and I must admit it was a pleasant surprise
They manage to serve all passengers at the checking areas regardless of the big crowds
The planes left and arrived spot on. Beating nuggets airlines that always delay
Cheap tickets with meal provided and checkin baggage included in the ticket
Will fly again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed April 2, 2018

There are multiple Hong Kong Air checkin lines throughout the airport. My friend and I waited in the wrong line twice because our flight hadn't been assigned to a counter when we first arrived. Ask questions before you get in line. Also, don't buy water after security, they will still make you throw it away even though it was purchased after the security line.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

The flight attendants were happy and helpful. The food was some of the best I have had on an airplane in economy class. We had no problems with the technology although there could have been more movie options (or different options) for roundtrip flights to and from the same location.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

This was our first flight on this airline. We didn't expect much because of the price. Anyways, when we first get on to this flight, we noticed that there were no screens - we heard the man behind us said the airline will distribute ipads to each passenger. After a while, I went to one of the lavatories at the back of the plane and I noticed that the bowl was full of toilet papers. When I returned to my seat, I heard the steward announcement in a scolding tone of warning passengers "not to put rubbish into the toilet bowl" - which they should use the word garbage instead of rubbish. I returned to the lavatories several hours later, I saw one of the lavatories was closed and the other had its basin closed and I could only use the sanitory napkins which they provide to wipe my hands. The food service was great - 3 selections per meal with flows of light snacks.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the airport at a regular time to check in. Tried checking in online and also at the airport kiosk and didn't work. After awhile saw the line was still rather long so asked at least 2 of their staff whether we should do anything and both told us to stay in line until they call our destination for last minute boarding. So we wait until they finally call Okinawa, followed the staff to the express counter, at which point they told us "oh your flight is closed cos you're late". No YOU made me late despite following your staff's instructions!

What's worse is that they tried to pass it off as our fault at the beginning despite us following their instructions. When they did finally rebook us on tomorrow's flight they even said "we normally charge customers to rebook but we'll waive it for you" as if they were being generous, even though they're the ones who made this happen.

In the end they rebooked us on tmr extremely early flight and as compensation "upgraded" us (not excited, this is hk airlines afterall). Also gave us two food vouchers for the airport, as if airport food is great.

I told them frankly i didn't care about the upgrade or food voucher, but i would like instead to be compensated for the extra taxi rides to the airport, the lost hotel night, and lost day of car rental. NOPE. Can't do anything about it.

1  Thank Sonia W