“Best airline of CIS (former USSR)”
Review of Air Astana

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Friendly flight staff, good food (hot) and beverages (no alchogol) on 1.5 hour flight, good equipment. One of the best airlines of former Soviet Union. Good selection of movies in different languages and good quality of free headphones.

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Great airline with modern equipment. Very friendly and helpful crew, good service and a smooth flight.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Knew nothing about this Airline but our various flights were way above expectations.
Efficient, friendly check in staff, good seating, excellent service, HOT food that actually tasted of chicken, mushrooms, carrots. Attentive and friendly cabin crew, nice amenities, toilets kept spotlessly clean. Slight disappointment with the games on the TV. No Solitaire or Freecell which keeps me quiet for hours.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

On our way from Dubai to Astana, we were overlooked by the flight-attendants when they were serving food. I was travelling with my wife and son. We thought it was just a simple mistake until our trip back to Dubai. The people in front of us and on the opposite aisle were served food while we had to wait for more than 30 mins or more to the point they started collecting the trays again. I thought maybe we purchased a ticket without meals, I was sure that was not the case. That's when I asked the flight-attendants, where is our food especially for my 2-year-old son. They said sorry and gave us the food later. This has to be the worst experience on an airline ever. It felt like we were victims of discrimination...YES, BORDERLINE RACISM! Targetted for our skin colour, different names and for speaking English. I felt sorry for my son because he was hungry. We gave him some snacks we packed but that shouldn't be the case. We will never fly Air Astana again!!! I wish there was a 0-star rating because they deserved it!!! Pathetic service!!!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
MargaretAPhelan, Vice President Inflight Services at Air Astana, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear Semisi2017

Thank you for your feedback. It is most unfortunate that this has been your experience with us. I can assure you that this is highly unusual and will be fully investigated.

Please contact me directly through our customer relations department at the following address: Customer.Relations@airastana.com as I would like to get your travel details and discuss the matter further with you.

Your sincerely,
Margaret Phelan
Vice President Inflight Services

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Planes look maintained, not old and well cleaned. Staff full of beautiful girls ready to assist anytime. Not possible to evaluate food provision due to the only 50 mins flight. Nice airlines.