“Flight Experience”
Review of Air Astana

Reviewed August 1, 2018

This is my 1st time flying on air Astana when going a trip to Kyrgyzstan in July. The plane was relatively small but I impressed with the cleanliness maintained and quite comfy on the seating place with spacious leg room. Overall the service are quite good and the meal are acceptable. Good travel kits are provided.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

First of all, I just wanna say my honest opinion here, on based what I experienced with Air Astana Airlines on 24 July and 31st July 2018.

I came late for check-in that day, my flight should be at 7 pm and I came on that counter check-in was almost 5.45 o clock the counter c/ I was closed already (i can understand that) but when I wanna reach customers service no one there (air Astana crew ) around counter c/i, so I decided to go to their office in Dubai airport but the result was zero and than one of airport staff said that Air Astana does not have office in Dubai airport <I was shocked !!! than I started to panic, I try to call their customers service from their website , I noticed 3 phone number are there, even one of the numbers showing active 24/7 meaning 24 hours 7 days a week but when I call there are no responds at all, the phone was ring but nobody pick up my call. few hours back before my flight i did check in online actualy but i didnt know how that their not sending check in paper in dubai to my email, they just sended me check in paper in almaty, kazakhstan because i need to transit there,long story short i need to release my flight that day, i need to call air astana in uzbekistan (because they not responding in dubai )

about the service, huftttt i dont know where can i started
the planes are fine but the crew seems like zombie to me, THEY NEVER SMILE, THEY WOULD NEVER EVER SAY " MAY I HELP YOU ?" One moment I need blanket somehow if you don't speak Russian you need to ask more so you will get attention by theme.it took 30 minutes for me to get blankets to actually stand from my seat and ask them directly, and again they never ask you how may I help you? ckckck

for the management, I think seriously you need to pay attention to this.send your crew to south-east Asia airplane camp than you will know what the meaning of SERVICE !!!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Svitlana N, Director of Sales at Air Astana, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Dear A H,

We regret that we did not meet your expectations after your recent experience with Air Astana.

Check-in counter in Dubai International Airport closes 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure time. To investigate the reason of early check-in counter closure kindly provide us your ticket number. Also we would like to advise you regarding the Ticketing office of our Representatives in Dubai International Airport that is located in Terminal 1, Departure Hall.

We apologize that your expectations on our inflight performance was frustrating for you. Please rest assured that we take your feedback very seriously and will be considering it carefully. We have sent the details of your letter to the management of our Crew Performance team who will be fully investigating the situation and taking any necessary actions to improve our service.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to make this report which will assist us to continually enhance our customer service delivery.

Let us again apologize for the situation you faced and hope that this experience will not prevent you from using our services in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Been using this airline for about 6 months, Good service, good food and helpful flight attendants. Good leg room on most flights.

Could do with USB charging points on the older planes as media can be accessed through mobile devices but these do not last a whole 6 hour flight. The newer refitted aircraft with in-flight screens are very good

Reviewed July 26, 2018

My first time with Air Astana. Flew from Kuala Lumpur to Istanbul, with a transit at Almaty. Plane is relatively small for both sectors. KL to Almaty was via Airbus 321 and Almaty to Istanbul was Boeing 757. Though it's a small plane, leg room was relatively big compared to other airlines, however, the aisle is much narrower than other airlines. Good travel kits were provided for both sectors. Metal cutlery were provided instead of plastic ones as compared to other economy class. Downside is that there's no 3 toilets in the economy section for both sectors, thus, Q is quite long and as the toilet tissue's holder is not placed at right place, most users would use the hand towels causing the toilet to clog quite often. In flight service is not too friendly either and they always run out of bottled water - on both sectors for my return trip!! Overall a nice flight due to the roomy leg room.

3  Thank gwen2015
Reviewed July 24, 2018

the air astana is a no frills, basic amenities airline. not much to complain as the prices are cheaper in comparison to other airlines. it also has direct flight from st. petersburg to delhi via almaty, unlike aeroflot, which is helpful if you want to fly from st. petersburg. the food is basic, but the hostesses are polite ,speak english and helpful. the leg space is also not too less and crampy like the newer economy flights. i specially enjoyed the in flight magazine.