“They Took Care of Everything!”
Review of Porter Airlines

Reviewed January 4, 2017

I flew with Porter Airlines for the first time back in January 2016. It was a spur of the moment trip from North Bay to Thunder Bay and as a whole, it was outstanding.

The flights (North Bay to Toronto, then Toronto to Thunder Bay), were fast, quiet, and the staff were extremely kind and helpful. They offer complimentary drinks and snacks on their flights, which is a great bargain and extremely hard to find in the airline industry these days.

However, my return trip was where the true colours of the airline came through.
Our flight from Thunder Bay to Toronto went off without a problem, and we landed safely in Toronto. Our flight from Toronto to North Bay was an evening flight, and when we were waiting to board our flight back to North Bay, an announcement came over the P.A. system asking for us to go to the Porter Desk for an announcement. They informed us that North Bay's airport was dealing with freezing rain and strong winds, and as a result, we wouldn't be able to fly. Obviously, this would be a disappointment, but it was out of their control. The next available flight wouldn't be until the following morning and they informed us we would need to spend the night in Toronto. Before I could even think about where I was going to stay or what I was going to do, they announced that they would be putting everyone up in the Fairmont Royal York Hotel and providing everyone with a per diem to cover dinner costs. Not to mention they provided free shuttle service directly to the hotel, and back to the airport the following morning.

Porter managed to turn an inconvenience into a great experience. Despite getting home a day later, I was able to stay at one of the finest hotels in Toronto (free of charge), receive a complimentary dinner, and a flight the following morning.

Porter went above and beyond to ensure our unexpected layover in Toronto was as comfortable and as hassle-free as possible! Amazing!

Date of travel: February 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed January 3, 2017

I was very disappointed with Porter Airlines with the way they handled the delays and cancellations associated with my flight from Quebec City to Toronto on December 29 2016. The flight was delayed by 22.5 hours due to mechanical failure and weather but there was no Porter representatives on the ground and information was no given out accurately or promptly. The flight was meant to take off at 2.30 pm but we were kept waiting until close to midnight before they told us the flight was cancelled. After we eventually boarded the plane, we were kept on the ground for nearly 2 hours and it would have been nice to have been served a cookie. I would understand this blasé attitude if it was purely down to the weather but the main cause of the delay was mechanical failure of the aircraft which was the fault of Porter. I would not recommend flying Porter as it is not all that cheaper and when things go wrong, you cannot be put on another airline or you cannot fly into certain bigger airports when there is a time restriction / curfew caused by delays. The flight attendant on the return flight had an issue with a passenger as she was initially reluctant to stow her bag under the seat but the manner of the flight attendant was way over the top - the passenger was wrong to have done what she did but the flight attendant could have handled the matter more professionally and spoken in a more courteous manner. She went on to berate her after the passenger stowed her bag away. The ground staff at the airport kept asking us to phone Porter as they were not Porter Airlines! This experience left a bad taste.

Date of travel: December 2016
Reviewed January 2, 2017

Nice airport and nice trip. Despite that the trip took only 1 hour and 45 minutes the staff offered snacks and complementary vine and beverages.
All services from the start to the end were friendly and professional.

Date of travel: November 2016
Reviewed January 1, 2017

It was a good flight on time. Ticket as usual reasonable. I always use Porter for my frequent flight from/to Boston and Toronto.

Date of travel: September 2016
Thank M. Shafiqul I
Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Cab dropped use off effortlessly took one elevator walked 3 minutes took two escalators up and arrived at security/ baggage check in. Total time 10 minutes. We had just carry ons and arrived at a nice lounge. Free newspapers, wifi, cappuccinos, lattes, cookies, pop and water. Very clean. A bit of a delay but got to our final destination on time. Flight nice. If you have a choice take Porter less stressful than Pearson.

Date of travel: December 2016