“Impressed”
Review of Porter Airlines

Reviewed December 20, 2017

This was our first experience with the new Saint John - Ottawa direct flight with Porter Airlines and we loved it! There's something about a direct flight that can't be beat. No connections, no delays, no hassle. The flight was comfortable with free snacks offered that consisted of an assortment of choices (I am not use to that kind of treatment). I really enjoyed the Porter Lounge in Ottawa. It was so pleasant to relax in a comfortable setting, enjoy a cup of free coffee and cookies. It's not much but in fact it means a lot. I am already looking forward to our next flight in February. The one experience that was not pleasant involved a Porter rep in Saint John who asked to weigh our carry-on luggage. Mine happened to come in at 23 lbs, 3 pounds over the limit. I had to repack the luggage for the sake of three pounds, moving my shaving kit from my suitcase and placing it in my lap top bag. Really thought some discretion could have been used by the rep. At Ottawa there was no request to weigh our luggage on the return flight. Small detail but hope a policy change takes place. Otherwise a most pleasant experience.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed December 19, 2017

My husband and I went on a four day trip from Ottawa to Halifax to visit friends. The Porter lounge in Ottawa airport makes you feel like you are treated well. Free newspapers, cappuccinos, lattes, juices, water, cookies..all are appreciated in an industry that gives less and less to its customers. I fly frequently, nationally and internationally and doing something extra for the clients is recognized. Also, during the flight, a beverage and snack are offered and if you order juice or wine, it is served in a real glass. I am impressed that this airline has continued this over the years, despite the changing industry. PD flight 228 from Halifax to Ottawa was delayed, but our Flight Attendant made it an enjoyable experience with her cheerful demeanour, kindness and quick service.

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

I purchased a ticket through Porter Airlines for $200. Within 20 minutes of purchase they cancelled my flight. I have yet to get a refund. I then had to book another flight on my own as the airline refused to help at all. They were actually quite rude. So I take another flight with them (as that was the only airline available to get home from Halifax) in order to get home. Both flights home were delayed and they refused to let customers on the plane use the restrooms as we all had to wait on the plane during the delay. This is a horrible airline and I do not recommend them at all. Don’t fly with them and don’t buy tickets from them.

1  Thank brytta b
Reviewed December 18, 2017

First time flying with Porter and it was a great experience. Seats are comfortable, staff are helpful, plus you get free snack and beverage. The planes are small and in most cases if you are flying a long distance you will have stop overs in various spots along the way. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone as it is very clear when you book.

Date of travel: November 2017
Reviewed December 14, 2017

My boss flew all our employees from Timmins to Toronto for our annual Christmas office dinner party. The flights were comfortable, on time and completely stress free. This was my first time flying with Porter and I will definitely fly with them again.

Date of travel: November 2017