“Be warned luggage allowance is ridiculous on domestic routes”
Review of Aerolineas Argentinas

Reviewed February 16, 2018

The flight itself was fine and the cabin crew were professional and efficient but the luggage allowance is just ridiculous my partner and I got stung on the domestic route for extra so flight wasn’t that cheap after all only allowed 15kg pp having travelled from the uk initially we had no choice but to pay the excess

Write a ReviewReviews (10,115)

Reviewed February 16, 2018

Weight limit on checked baggage is 15 kg (about 33 pounds) while the weight limit on carry-on baggage is 8 kg. Overweight charge is 650 Argentine pesos (about $35 depending on the foreign currency exchange rate). Once your baggage is weighed and is deemed overweight, you'll have to step out of line, get into the Overweight Baggage payment window to pay the overweight baggage fee. You can pay with a credit card, and then you'll receive your boarding pass at the same window.

The personnel at Aerolineas Argentinas were NOT friendly nor very helpful. They could use some customer service/customer relations classes.

I had really wanted to fly with the larger competitor as their baggage allowance is in line with other carriers, but unfortunately for us, only the Aerolineas flight matched our itinerary.

It was an okay flight though we were worried about the pilot as my husband saw the plane taxi into the airport bay and overshoot plane placement, forcing him to back up the plane to allow for the stairway!

We took a gangway to get to the tarmac and then climbed stairs to board the plane. The landing itself was not good - bumpy and hard braking.

As it was a short flight of under 2 hours, there was only beverage service, no biscuit, pretzel, etc.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank J A
Reviewed February 14, 2018

A strike by ground handlers meant that our scheduled flight to Santiago was cancelled and our connection in Santiago was lost (and cost us thousands of dollars). This is typical of a third world country that can't get its labour relations worked out and employees strike to punish or blackmail the airline. The trouble is that thousands of ordinary travellers are adversely affected. I will avoid flying with Aerolineas in future. I had a previous experience with this airline in 2009 when my bags were lost and I didn't learn then from that experience, unfortunately.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

The actual flight itself was fine, I have no problem with it. The issue was the check in. For some reason Aerolineas Argentinas only has a baggage allowance of 15Kg. Which is nothing. Needless to say I had to pay $70 for excess baggage. I was 5.5 and 6.5 kg over. Annoying but not the end of the world. Then for some reason unbeknown to anyone else but the security, my camera tripod was considered a lethal weapon and could not go on as carry on. So down I went to put it in as checked. The airline then charged me another $35 to send it as checked. It weighs less than a kilo. There was no need to charge me at all. The check in lady didn't even show a hint of remorse. So, I'll never use them again. Thy have had their moneys worth out of me.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Stamrish1
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

We used Aerolineas Argentina for all internal flights (6 in total) on a recent holiday in Argentina. The aircraft were modern, immaculately clean and the staff extremely helpful and professional. We experienced nothing but comfort and would use this airline again in a heartbeat.