“London with Aeromexico”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed February 24, 2018

We had an Award Ticket (issued with miles/points), so we didn't really pay full price for our ticket, that was a plus.

Aeromexico is an average airline compared with other airlines around the world, nothing they do, neither on the ground or on their planes is special in any way, just plain average.

The only thing worth mentioning: t it was a DIRECT flight from Mexico City to London on a new 787.

If you are only staying in London for a few days, the fact that Aeromexico has a direct flight saves you hours if money, on connecting flights, layovers in other cities, countries, hours in immigration if you stop in the US and so on, so that was a good thing, other than that, it was just average.

You do get complimentary wine and beer on their flights, which is something you do not get in any US airline, and seem to have a little more leg room that most US airlines as well, so that is another advantage.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (6,874)

Reviewed February 24, 2018

I flew this airline for the first time. Old airplane and not comfortable at all. Service was disappointing. The crew was more concerned to catch some sleep. The top of my seat fell apart. Luckily they could fix it. Seats were worn out and not comfortable. They offered upgrades for far too much money! We were not able to check our luggage through to Guatemala City, but on the way back it was possible.Missed connecting flight to Guatemala City because of long waiting by arrival in the airplane and in the bus driving us to the custom. Total 1.5 hour.

1  Thank Hansi Z
Reviewed February 23, 2018

** Staff: they always make you feel you are disturbing them, from check-in to boarding and flight. No smile, never. Very rude all the time even if you do not complain and smile to them.
** Business: I bought an upgrade but did not see any difference between Business and Economy. Basic seat (you can not recline it more than you do in Economy), bad food.
** Food: I thought they had given me a plate that had been already been eaten by another passenger. The sealed plate (for the main plate) and the sealed bad (for the bread) were already unsealed when they gave it to me.
** Cleanliness: They was garbage between my seat and the window. The table was sticky and dirty.
** Luggage: Priority delivery is a scam. You get the priority sticker when you check in but your suitcase arrives last. I dropped my suitcase locked and it arrived unlocked, without any notice that it had been opened.
** Miles: After buying a Business upgrade (class F) from an Economy ticket (class T), I received 0 miles for my trip, while the T class offer miles.
** Lounge: Even Platinum card travelers with an upgraded Business ticket are denying the access to the lounge in Lima.

2  Thank brunol764
Reviewed February 23, 2018

Honestly I would recommend another airlines. Sometimes it is worth paying a little more and from my experience I would suggest you do so.

When we checked in the guy said we should check in our bags even though they are carry on sizes. The reason "There's lots of passengers on this flight". Then said that we would need to go pick up our bags and drop it off to our connection flight. We had 3 hour layover in Mexico City which should have been long enough however they were an hour an a half delayed leaving due to technical issues. Not due to weather but technical. When we finally got going I thought okay we should be okay, we will have about an hour and a half to get through immigration and security and get our bags. When we landed due to the airline being so late in leaving we were stuck on the runway for 45 minutes. When we got to the line it was so backlogged that people were getting crammed together. I know the airport issues aren't the airline but this really screwed us over. They say on the plane anyone on a connecting flight and needs help they can help us. That was not true, no one was there to help. I asked so many people as I scrambling around to try and make it through this crazy big line. In the end I had to beg a family at the beginning of the line to let us go ahead of them which they did thankfully. We were now 20 minutes away from when they were boarding. Then we had to wait in security for another 10 minutes. We then ran through the airport looking for the flight information, which of course was on the other side of the airport. We had to run as fast as we could. When we got to the gate they were half boarded. We noticed other passengers on our previous flight also running for their lives trying to make it. Covered and sweat we finally get on the plane. Surprise, surprise, they left on time for that flight but it had many seats that were empty which I am assuming was other passengers on the flight with us as I did see some people in the back of the line for immigration.

The planes going to Costa Rica were decent, with the touch screen movie screens and basic snacks.

We put this experience behind us so we could enjoy our vacation. Near the end of the trip we called the airlines and they said "well because you made your flight we can't offer you anything". We called hoping they could change our flight time to a later flight coming home since we only had 1.5 hour coming back. They offered us a chance to change but we would end up spending $200 each for a penalty and another $600 each for the new flight. We tried a couple times and we got the same answer. "As long as we get you there 1.5 hours any other delay, immigration/security is not the airlines problem."

Coming back, the online check-in wouldn't work. It kept failing. I spent the last day trying to book my seats so I wouldn't be stuck in the back. It was so stressful and unorganized. The airplane coming back was very poor. Both planes were old, screens didn't work and cramped.

Overall, I would never fly with them again. They couldn't even get their scanners to work to check us on the flight going and coming back. They seemed like they were laughing and joking and running around doing nothing. Many other passengers around us seemed stressed out coming back.

Save yourself the trouble, fly with someone else!

1  Thank Kyle S
Reviewed February 23, 2018

It was the airline experience. No wine. No onboard streaming service. You've got to be kidding me. Hate you

2  Thank saloromano12