“August 2016”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed December 11, 2017

I am not a fan of Air Canada at all..
I don't even know where to begin.. from the rude service, torn open luggage upon arrival or when I missed my flight due to a malfunction on their check in machine..
I arrived for my 6:20am flight at 4:00am.. I had checked in online but when I went to check my luggage, the machine printed off the wrong tag.. it had someone else's name going to a different province. I told the lady who was assisting with the line ups who told me to wait in another HUGE line. I told her I was afraid to miss my flight, she shrugged her shoulders and stated "I cannot leave my post".. this made no sense to me as to why she couldn't get help. Anyway .. I waited in the line for about 30 min then I went back to her to tell her I was going to miss my flight if I have to wait in this line (it was HUGE HUGE HUGE).. so she took me to the front (annoyed she had to do this).. the lady at the front told me that she could not help me and I had to go to customer service (another line) for them to check my luggage, however, I was going to miss my flight unless I wanted to board without my luggage. WHAT???? are you kidding.. to the other line a go.. to be helped by a rude rude young man who advised me that the machine has NEVER done this before, as though it was my fault..what???..so he wanted to charge me another $300 for my flight.. or I could fly stand by. ...what????? are you kidding me??
Stand by I flew only to arrive in Halifax with my luggage torn open and my stuff all rolling around the belt! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
They did not care at all.. no one wanted to help.. the flight staff were rude.. I fly according to price sometimes.. I have been flying for more then 30 years.. and this is just ONE incident.. there are many more of rudeness and so forth..

1  Thank snu70
Write a ReviewReviews (17,530)

Reviewed December 11, 2017

This man could not explain why only Air Canadas software did not work at the electronic check in, all the other airlines worked fine, he said it was not "his" problem, the line up took nearly an hour....
No wonder I avoid our national airline like a plague.....

3  Thank Marco G
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Having booked an Air Canada Vacations 7 day vacation package to the Hotel Nacional in Havana it was very worrying to be told at the check in counter at the Jose Marti airport that my wife and I had no seat on the connecting flight from Toronto to Charlottetown. We were put on standby for our return and had to wait three hours in Toronto until a seat became available. This was a fully paid vacation package. Presumably AIr Canada is happy to bounce AIr Canada Vacation fliers from their flights if need be, Fortunately seats became available but it was a very unhappy experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

I had hopes that this airline would be better than United, but instead I now have a new top airline to AVOID. The food and food service were mediocre at best on the Paris-Montreal leg, but then on the Montreal-SF leg (which lasted something like 6 hours) there was NO food except for something they referred to as "Air Canada Bistro," which was basically junk food at an insultingly high cost. I would have been disappointed if it had been free, but I'm not going to pay $10 for something I wouldn't want to eat in the first place, even aside from the principle of the thing. It is also an insult to the French language, not to mention an insult to my memories of Paris, to call their cheesy junk-food cart or its offerings a "bistro."

1  Thank David G
Reviewed December 11, 2017

I just came back to Madrid yesterday. I had two flights with Air Canada this weekend: New York-Toronto and Toronto-Madrid. And both of my experiences were VERY bad.
Normally every month I take flights, to go to my home or to visit family/friends in another countries. So I can say that I have quite a lot experiences with different flight companies. But I can not do any good comment about Air Canada. The flight started with a delay from New York to Toronto and as soon as we arrived we had to run to catch the Madrid flight. The air hostesses in both flights were not helpful. The food was VERY VERY bad. No wifi, not a lot of movie options etc...

On the flight of Toronto-Madrid, we had a lot of turbulence. Almost during all the flight. Because of the turbulence and because of the BAD FOOD I was feeling dizzy and sick. Not only me, but the woman behind of me too. I needed napkins and help as I started to throw up. Me and my husband pressed to the "call" several time but the hostess appeared after the third call and just held some napkins and went away with a face of ignoring, we needed more bags, napkins etc. I took the bag of my husband´s seat and the women behind of me gave me some napkins.Thanks god I wasn´t flying alone...

If this would happen in another flight, air hostess would be showing more interest, would help more for example offering some water or giving wet towels etc.

To be honest in my following trip, I prefer to pay a little bit more and choose another company.

I dont recommend Air Canada, especially for long distance flights.

1  Thank 827deniz