“canceled flight”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed January 17, 2018

We paid for better seats prior to the flight and on day of flight it was canceled and a flight added 4 hours later that kept shifting from one gate to another, when we boarded the plane we had seats that were not together and we lost our $67 we paid for the better seats when originally booked, but they did give us $10 food vouchers.

The staff were also rude when asked about the cancellation and when I asked why, the desk clerk just shouted over my shoulder "NEXT"

3  Thank Peter K
Write a ReviewReviews (15,381)

Reviewed January 17, 2018

Reading the reviews of maximally booked High season flights like Xmas New Years etc are a bit tiresome. The airlines want maximum returns and the customers want comfort and ease, at a time of the year when these two objectives are difficult to achieve. I have spent over 20 years travelling this route and have explored all the alternative possibilities
which inevitably include inconvenient US connections.

Fortunately for AC many young coupes and their children want to visit relatives and for Brasilian expats offer this non stop connection between Toronto and Sao Paulo, which are the population centres where Brasilian/Canadians interested in this trip mostly live.

It is highly travelled because you avoid the US and Brazilian carriers that stop or transfer through US ports of entry. If you like that idea just try it once and you will have the extra time for transfer and US custom / immigration hassles which even for a Canadian like me are odious never mind if Portuguese is your first language (US custom and immigration only speak what they call English). Some may also get special attention based on other current US immigration anxieties. Thus you will add a long stop over in the US and frequently have to use commuter flights between the US carriers hub and Toronto.

There are two ways out of the predicament the first most economical way is to take more time off and fly during the week before and after the rush. OR up the class to business or premium economy. Makes a world of difference. Whether you like it or not the non stop Toronto Sao Paulo hop is the best over all deal in time and money.

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

There were mostly Indian people I'm the flight. There's stigma about Indian people in the minds of flight attendants. Not all people are same. You can't treat all the people from one race equally based on your previous experience. The food was okay

3  Thank jashanmalhi7
Reviewed January 16, 2018

We flew AC instead of Eva Air, and almost a month later I still regret. We wanted to experience the Dreamliner; also the price of tickets was a big factor. Neither were worth the misery we had to go through on both flights. Yes, the Dreamliner might be a wonderful plane. Quiet and modern, nice lights inside and those dimming windows. But the amount of rows that got put into it, destroyed any possible good impression. There is literally no room for legs!! Surviving the almost 12-hour-flight makes it a horror experience. And I am not a tall person... Seats are very narrow, very close together, hard, and very thin. One can feel every movement of the person seated behind. Not kicking, just moving around since that person is cramped just like everybody else. And when the person seated in front reclines the seat back that tiny inch, it becomes unbearable. Air Canada managed to make just any possible "sardines on a plane" joke a sad reality. And then there is the service. Horrible to say the least. All flight attendants looked like they hate their jobs and the passengers. There was nothing fun, nothing special, just "chicken or pasta". Get your (awful) meal and go to sleep... The flight to Taipei leaves at noon time, and I got scolded for having the window halfway dimmed. When I mentioned that I am not the only one since it is a day flight, the hostess angrily responded - "I told them, too".So rude! We flew back Dec/26 - Boxing Day in Canada. They did not even have a chocolate bar or anything special. Same boring, unloved service and awful flight. Never again! Maybe AC should send their employees on a training flight with Eva Air; so they can see how real service looks like.

2  Thank Courtezieyowiey
Reviewed January 16, 2018

My husband and I got separated on the flight to Las Vegas ( again). If you don`t pay extra money to secure your seats, there is a big chance that you will either get separated on the plane, or get stuck taking separate flights.
My husband`s seat was in the 2nd row of the plane. I was in the 51st row. Air Canada has now added in 3 or 4 rows of seats that are right by the refrigerators that keep the food cool. The temperature drops significantly once you get past rows 45 and 45.
Everyone in the last 5 rows spent the flight shivering and complaining. The flight attendants said there was nothing they could do and blankets were $7 for purchase.
I spent the entire flight (except for take off and landing ) either pacing up and down the aisles to keep warm or sitting on my husbands lap in the 2nd row. it was a full flight, so no other seats away from the refrigerator section. At one point, I actually had to go to the washroom and line my clothes with paper towels and tissues as insulation.
The flight was a nightmare. I will pay extra money on my next vacation to avoid Air Canada.
The flight home was just as bad. They overbooked, again.. and my husband and I got to our seats only to discover that another couple was sitting in our seats. We told them that they were our seats, but then, the other couple showed us their tickets. They were also issued the same seats. While we are all arguing about who got to sit there, another couple came over and claimed that they also had the same seats. I called the flight attendant over, and they said they would find a solution. While my husband and I stood in the aisle blocking everyone`s way, the first couple remained in the seats. After about 10 minutes, the flight attendant approaches the couple in the seats, and tell them that they have been bumped up to business class and my husband and I could sit in the seats. We were very disappointed that we had no seats, yet the couple who was already situated got bumped to business class. The other couple was left hanging for a while and eventually they got seats because someone else decided to take the next flight and give their seats up.
Air Canada charges a lot of money for their flights, yet continues to overbook flights and has no ground crew to assist people with inquiries at the airport.
Avoid Air Canada. Even it you have to pay extra money, use another airline.

4  Thank Denise P