“A bit deceptive”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all, they brought out a drink cart and asked 'anything to drink?'. On top of the cart was the usual selection of juices, coffee, tea, etc. I didn't know whether alcohol was served, so I said 'what do you have?' and she said 'juice, water, coffee, tea, and soft drinks' so I ordered a ginger ale. When she passed my row I heard somebody order a wine. Well, she 'forgot' to tell me that they also serve wine and beer. Nor did they have them on display. Obviously not wanting people to order it. Also, most of the games on my video display didn't work. They said something like 'yeah, we get complaints about the games not working'. Really? Then why don't you do something about it? On a 15 hour flight things can get boring. An hour before landing in Toronto, at 4 in the afternoon, they serve 'breakfast'. Seems a bit weird to me. Eggs were pretty bad.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,266)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Overall, everything went great. The flight attendants, special thanks to the counter Reservation staff on my return flight from Toronto. They really took care of us as stand by passengers and even upgraded our seats to extra leg room.

The only issue we found were that their planes were small and they would not serve you complementary food on a international flight. For Vegetarians it is a torture because they do not have meatless or eggless choices on the food they sell in the flight or even if you want to prepay your flight lunch or dinner, you get what they want to sell.

Date of travel: June 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This flight/service is relatively new. The plane was barely half full, so once we were off and the seat belt sign was off, people rearranged themselves so everyone who wanted got a row of seats to themselves - put up the arm rests and you had a small bed (unfortunately not comfortable enough to sleep for the 14 hour flight). Entertainment system had more than enough movies and tv programs to fill the time and drink service was free.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

overall a good experience. check-in was quick due to flying premium economy as there were long lineups elsewhere. inflight entertainment was great, had a good choice of new movies. food and service was excellent. We found all the AC staff we came across very helpful and friendly.(which has not always been our experience). my spouse could always do with more legroom but he was definitely comfortable on this flight. No issue with any part of this flight. By the time we arrived to pick up our luggage it was already there. It was our first time to Italy and so you take a monorail to a different location in the airport to pick it up!!

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight had a total duration of 9h30min, enjoyed the food, the flight went smooth, the premium economy was all full, staff was courteous. It was worth the cost/benefit! I was on a trip to attend a conference in Gran Canaria. Had to stop in London. This was the return trip. The luggage came properly.

Date of travel: October 2018