“The Best I Could Hope For Economy ”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Although I never have flown Air Canada before, I bought a round trip ticket from them because I wanted to fly a Dreamliner to help with Jet Lag. I will say, though, I was a little nervous after reading reviews.

My first leg from DFW to Montreal was in a smaller E175 plane, with 2×2 seating in Economy. Since it was domestic, only non-alcoholic drinks were provided with no snacks. Snacks and drinks were for sale, with a nice discount given if paid for 24+ hours before the flight.

The flight from Montreal to Brussels was a red-eye flight. While the food wasn't restaurant quality, it was tasty and filling. The Dreamliner plus a few hours of sleep helped with jet-lag.

On the way home, the flight was during the day, and the food was even better.

The in-flight options were great, and I finally had time to catch up on some mobies I wanted to see. The flight attendants and gate agents were all friendly, and I look forward to flying Air Canada again some day.

Date of travel: March 2019
    • Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (26,593)

Reviewed April 13, 2019

I have a slight disability and need a wheel chair in the airport when there is a long walk. My wife and I were left stranded in Dulles because the assistant was not allowed in what may have been the international area. It was quite early a.m., minimal folks around. Wife had to walk all over the place while I was left in an isolated area where she eventually found someone who would call. Too many of the airport personnel had the "not my job" response.
The flight and crew were pretty good and a nice flight. A shame had to spoil this review, yet this was my travel experience.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed April 13, 2019

I always choose Air Canada if I fly to Canada from the USA. They will try their best to accommodate your every need. I am disabled, their service is hassle free. They have free movies, tv shows, news channels, music, and other selections to select from, even in economy. I find their planes are very clean, and the crew are always there to help you in anyway possible. Air Canada is one of my go to for international flights to Canada whenever I go home.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed April 13, 2019

This flight 2nd week of April was only half full, and I had the unique experience of having no-one booked into the 2 seats beside my window seat, so for an overnight 14hr flight, I managed to be sort of comfortable and get some sleep; in contract to the crowded flight over with an oversized passenger beside me :-(

It was a smooth flight for the most part in the dreamliner.

Air canada have a baggage policy to include 2 checked-in bags, 1 of which can be oversized (ski/snowboard bag)/ This and the direct flight are the redeeming features of an airline that is non-competative for ticket cost and ridiculous for upgrade costs & policy. Their rewards program is also antiquated.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank CodyMav
Reviewed April 13, 2019

This hop was a small jet to Kelowna, but a prop job return to vancouver. I had forgotten the noise and vibrations of prop planes, but I suppose it was a 55min transfer with 34minutes in the air, so not too bad

1  Thank CodyMav
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.