“No complaints about this carrer.”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed June 16, 2023

My wife and I took an Air Canada flight on a return trip from Israel to the US in late May 2023 and were pleasantly surprised at the overall service, especially since it was a 12-hour ordeal. The crew was very friendly and the service was very good. We had a nearly one-hour delay in takeoff but the flight crew made up for it and we arrived in Toronto on time. I would definitely consider booking another flight with this carrier.

Date of travel: May 2023

Reviewed June 16, 2023

We booked on Air Canada for the first time, thinking it would be a reliable airline. However, we had an awful experience coming home. The first leg was from Charlotte to Toronto then Toronto to Athens (it was an overnight flight, no delays, food was sub par).

Our returning flight from Athens was originally to Toronto, then Toronto to Charlotte, but was switched to an earlier flight to Montreal. Never in my life have I heard of a flight being switched earlier, usually it’s delayed.

Original flight home was 1:10pm, flight switched to 12:10p (earlier!), an email was sent out only a few hours prior to departure— you can only imagine upon waking up to see the message on your phone. The rush and hurry we were in considering it was an international flight. The airport with mayhem.

We then were rerouted three times upon arrival to Canada.

Now listen carefully — our original flight was to fly back from Athens to Toronto, and then Toronto to Charlotte. Instead, they rerouted us from Athens to Montreal.

Upon arriving to Montreal, we were then connecting to Boston, to only find out while we were waiting in the customs line that our flight was CANCELED!! After being confused, flustered and annoyed without itineraries Air Canada representatives, then connected us to Chicago, HOWEVER, they booked my husband but not me. WHAT IN THE WORLD!?

Also, my husband had a flight from Chicago to Charlotte but not me. Again, WHAT!?

We got to the AC kiosk and they told me I was on stand by but my husband has a seat, we were given so many random answers that made zero sense!

The gentleman at the kiosk was just as confused looking at our rebooked tickets but was kind enough to get us BOTH to Chicago BUTTTTT that flight was 1 hr late so we would miss our connecting flight home.

We get to Chicago, missed our connecting flight, stayed the night and flew home the next morning on a different airline.

All our flights were canceled and rerouted. Due to weather conditions when in fact, looking out of the window from the airport were clear skies.

Never again would we book Air Canada. Awful customer service in Canada’s international airport, no one had any urgency to get us on a flight, considering we didn’t have any itineraries.

10000000% do not recommend it to fly international.

61  Thank Champa M
Reviewed June 16, 2023

We travelled to Greece as a family from Toronto on a direct flight to Athens Greece. My family’s luggage arrived but mine didn’t. The staff at the counter were rude and not helpful in the least. No apology and the wait to talk to someone took over an hour. Which is the last thing you want to do after a ten hour flight. Then the number they provided to contact them to check the status of my luggage was absolutely useless. We tried dozens of times and no one picked up the phone. After three days my luggage arrived and no email or any kind of correspondence was sent to me. No apology, nothing. This was a direct flight and it’s unreasonable that my luggage did not arrive!! At the Air Canada counter returning home the counter staff were rude and offered no compensation or apology and booking our seats home was more than a challenge. We couldn’t even sit together despite booking in online at the exact time the booking opened up online. Air Canada and their services are a great disappointment!!!

60  Thank Vacation50394
Reviewed June 15, 2023

Three cancellations and rebookings, given a flight to Edmonton and now stuck here. Original flight from Cagary was due at 10.55. Latest update is that now will not get to Toronto until 07:30 the following day. Meal voucher 20 Cad$ given after restaraunts closed. No Cadanian Sevice desk in Edmonton T1 so cannot find out what's going on. Absolutly appalling. I guess CA will not miss my custom but I will never fly with them again ( once I get home - hopefully)

59  Thank Gerry F
Reviewed June 15, 2023

The customer service agent Ashley welcomed us and helped us with the check-in. But we could miss our flight because we were doing a long line in another part of the international airport for Europe, instead of doing the line for the United States. She helped us because we had oversized bags carrying a couple of bicycles and accommodated us on a later flight. She also gave us enough time to pass security checks for oversized luggage. (Ashley works for the Air Canada International flights for Europe.) Also at the screening for large luggage was Angelique Bei, with outstanding service from CATSA (Screening officer). They took the time with us to open the bags and take the little bags out, and pass the screening. The officers were also very friendly and attentive.
I can only say good things about Air Canada. I flew to Montreal seven years ago, and their service is still the same, outstanding and impeccable. I hope to return next year and will fly with the airline again.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.