“Waiting 4 months for reimbursement”
Review of Air Europa

Reviewed October 26, 2020 via mobile

Death in the family. Family my famiky and I have not seen for a year. Travelling from Qatar then CDG-VLC with children was a nightmare with Air Europa. They lost our bags only to be recieved 2 weeks later, plus we are waiting 4 months to be reimbursed expenses for those two weeks. Their excuse, Covid. Covid is affecting everyone mates. Up your game.

Date of travel: June 2020
1  Thank Dan_domqr

Reviewed October 25, 2020 via mobile

The promotion about the hygiene measures taken by Air Europa during the COVID-19 pandemics didn’t reflect the reality!

The tray tables were dirty with stains from chocolate. Hard to believe that the flight is being cleaned and disinfected between each rotation.

Many passengers wore home made masks or they didn’t even wear them over the nose or mouth. The crew asked nobody to use proper masks or to put the masks properly on.

On the rang just in front of us was another flight captain on transfer even he didn’t wear the mask over his mouth or nose. Really a bad example!!

We flew 3 persons together and had booked via Air France being Platinum member. Despite this we had to pay extra to be seated together! Unbelievable during a pandemic!!

We will definitely only use Air France’s own flights in the future!

Date of travel: October 2020
Reviewed October 22, 2020

Very poor service from Air Europa.. The plane was very old, toilets not maintained during the flight and seats relatively smaller than usual. Inflight entertainment limited to 8 movies on a tiny screen. But the worst experience, was the catering. For an 11 hour transatlantic flight all we got was a paper bag with a muffin, bread and butter as well as a hot pasta dish. Complimentary drinks was limited to one bottle of water and one coffee for the whole duration. And tickets were expensive. I hope this is the first and last time I have to fly with that airline.

Date of travel: October 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed October 7, 2020 via mobile

I had flights booked in March from London to Havana which were cancelled due to covid. The cancellation was expected and not the airlines fault as it was right around the time borders were closing, lockdowns coming in etc so I do not blame them for cancelling the flights.

Our flight was booked for March, it is now October. I have reached out to them many many times to enquire about a refund.

I first contacted them in April regarding a refund as I could not get through to them in march. I was told I would not get a refund only a voucher (which is against EU law). The customer representative told me there was no way for me to apply for a refund I could only apply for a voucher. I did manage to apply for a refund on their website not much longer after.

When I called in June I was told by the person on the phone that they had only started looking at refund claims the week before. THREE months after flights were being cancelled.

The last time I spoke with them which was today, I was told to wait 6 another weeks and maybe I will have my refund. This is what I am told every single time I call them, they always say "4-6 weeks, maybe" I don't even know if anyone has had their money back. But I would not book with them again.

Date of travel: March 2020
1  Thank LLouise19
Reviewed October 5, 2020

I had 3 flights with Air Europa, and I found to be very professional and were doing their best to keep everyone safe, I know they had to cut a lot of perks and this left people unhappy but their fares were the most competitive I found and would fly them again, flights on time, planes well kept and ok crew.

Date of travel: August 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank andlufds
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.