“Staff Courteous ... Seats Tight ..... On Time .... Food Average”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The crew was very professional. Seats were cramped even with an upgrade. If you are 6 feet or over, you are in for a long flight, just not enough room to keep knees happy. The flight was on time (at destination) as were the meals. Did not sleep, on an overnight flight, as I was constantly getting bumped on the aisle seat. Try & get a seat a least equal distance from the lavatories. The in-flight entertainment was much more complicated than it should have been. Required several different approaches to get it working correctly.
It's now at the point where if you fly economy of any kind, you expect to be packed in like sardines. The manufacturers could care less about seat comfort for the average person.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (22,899)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I flew business class from JFK to CDG on an AF 380, among the first to board, and typically have been among the first off the plane.

It was my second experience in being asked to sit in my place until the crew was alerted that an Assistance wheelchair was at the plane.

That’s wrong. The standard that no one bothers to conform to is that there is a wheelchair waiting if there is prebooking. We always do.

In this instance, despite having pre-boarding, I was told to stay in place in my seat until a wheelchair arrived to meet me. In practice, what that mean was that I waited until every single passenger from the bowels of this huge plane had left before my wife and friend pushed me off the plane to find - nothing.

An attendant did arrive, but not until I left the plane in frustration. (She was terrific). My being ready to leave the plane but being frustrated in the process reinforced my second of third class status.

I am fed up with the European Airlines refusal to deal realistically with the requirements of European law and stop making handicapped or limited mobility passengers come at the back of the bus.

We pay for or earn somewhat privileged status in getting off the plane, but because we are less physically able, we’re told to ride in the back of the bus no matter.

I muted my criticism about CDG’s abuse of the disabled despite an earlier issue where I was abandoned on a plane for nearly an hour and then took another hour to get myself taken to a cab into central Paris.

This abuse of disabled travelers by European airlines and European airports MUST STOP/ I booked this ticket through Delta. No One is blames for the abuse of the disabled the mobility challenged.

2  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We use Air France/Delta quite often and its virtually guaranteed that the ground staff (not the lounge) will be short at Oily and the flight staff friendly and helpful.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My 8-year old was scalded by boiling hot coffee served during the transatlantic flight, resulting in a second degree burn of the thigh and painful dressing changes every day during our summer vacation, as well as countless visits to pharmacies throughout the trip. The flight attendants were very helpful after the accident, as were the ambulance crew who were called to assist us upon landing. However, we were then promptly dumped at an airport emergency clinic, with rude and incompetent staff, and charged 50 Euro for the pleasure of the visit. There was no follow up from the airline. To make matters worse, our connecting flight was cancelled, with no explanation given, resulting in a 12-hour layover with an injured child. Air France, why serve piping hot beverage in a tight space with potential for turbulence???

2  Thank Marsha N
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took the AF946 from Paris to Havana. You all know, it s long, very long. So I was worried on how things will go.
I had one of the best in flight experience. The aircraft was not new but relatively comfortable. The hostesses made a huge ( and very positive) difference. Very warm, calm and always with a smile. Impecable service, promt to all requests. I am sorry not remembering the name of the staff that was in my part of the airplane but i just want to thank AF for this very well prepared, professional crew. I arrived to Havane in perfect conditions.
Peter