“Great plane, world class hospitality, no shortage of beverages!”
Review of Air India

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I ended my week long vacation in India with flight AI380 which was the smoothest and most efficient flight I've ever experienced. Departure from IGI Airport New Delhi was literally just straight out and approach to Changi Airport, Singapore felt like a straight in approach.

There was little turbulence encountered but what rough air existed was cleverly damped by the Boeing 787's advanced design. The plane was also very quiet, with engine sounds audible only during the takeoff run and the reverse thrust mode during landing.

The flight seemed to arrive earlier than normal thanks to some favorable winds that pushed the ground speed of the aircraft to nearly 1000kph while cruising quietly at 40,000 ft over the Indian Ocean.

This flight back to Singapore had a beverages and dinner service, both of which were good. In fact I had no shortage of liquid dinner with not one but two glasses of quality straight whiskey that lasted a very long time!

Dinner was Hindu non veg with an accompanying cucumber salad and ended with a pleasantly sweet note with two surprise gulab jamuns.

And right after dinner was the optional tea and coffee. The in-flight entertainment system had a vast amount of movies, music and games along with the ever-useful inflight map and flight data screens. It was somewhat fun to make the center aisle seats display maps and flight data all at once like a miniature cockpit.

Although this was an economy class seat it was surprisingly comfortable as the 787 has a larger than normal cabin and a very high ceiling. After such a satisfying dinner I woke to the aircraft slowly descending over Singapore en route to landing.

1  Thank KannanKoh
Write a ReviewReviews (4,448)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Air India has improved a lot....The 'Delay' problem has been rectified to a large extent....My flight was from Madurai to Mumbai, via Chennai....The flight was totally on schedule and that's great....Food was okayish, but its okay....

1  Thank Tattu79
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Due to a last minute change of plans, we had to include Delhi in our recent travel plans. As I was going through the various flight timings, Air India seemed the best with an 8.30 pm flight giving us the complete day in the city. Another plus was the aircraft flown on this route, the Dream liner. Had to experience it.
During the initial booking, I had blocked seats for the family, so we are all seated together. On the day of the flight(1st April 2018), completed the online checking to save time at the airport. However to my horror, I noticed all the seats had been re allocated and we were all seated in different seats quite apart from each other.
On calling the customer care, I was informed that from today (1st April), the seats are chargeable and as such the allocation was done by the system. The agent requested me to reach the airport and airport staff will assist in seating us together.
Once we reached the airport, I requested the counter staff of my issue, she was very polite and assured me of sorting the issue. And she did manage to have us all seated in 1 row all together!!
The aircraft was also neat and clean, not the dirty and stained image portrayed by some passengers. The crowd in the aircraft was also very decent with lot of families and English speaking young Indians!!!
The hostess (Ms Patel) serving our area was very polite and efficient. The Purser on the other side was also efficient.

Over all I will say, they did good.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Such pathetic service ,the customer care is rude, these guys makes new rules each day, greedy over money .. where do I start ...it would be better if they sold the company to another competitor and let them run it..

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I am flying to Dublin from Melbourne I asked the check in Staff to check my bags through to Dublin But because I was the weight allowance on the next flight was only 20kg he refused to check them through
I also asked him if i could carry my small bag on the the aircraft he also refused this
There were many people with 2 bags the same size as mine getting on the plane
Also Air India have changed the time of the flight and I now have half an hour less than i was supposed to have
It takes a long time to have a loyal customer like me It only takes seconds to loose that loyalty