“Great Premium Economy cabin”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed September 22, 2018

Premium economy seems to be where Air NZ does it best. The seats are great and the cabin pretty comfortable. Service is a bit hit or miss - it depends very much on the crew on the day. Pricing is steep to the point of gouging - Air NZ have the direct AKL-YVR route sown up and their prices reflect that. Some competition in the market would be great.

Date of travel: February 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,714)

Reviewed September 22, 2018

This was my first flight on a Dreamliner and I was looking forward to the experience. What a disappointment it turned out to be. In comparison to the 777 business class cabin the Dreamliner is very cramped and lacks privacy. The seats seem to be quite a bit narrower than in the 777 cabin and shorter. I am not a big person but it was not comfortable for me. Service was only so-so. Unfortunately that seems to be where Air NZ is going these days. As the profits go up the quality of the service goes down to the point where they are no longer my carrier of choice. The Premium Economy cabin is probably a better choice with this aircraft.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Still excellent service and seats. I am quite tall but still managed to stretch out and get 4-5 hours sleep on the way over. It seemed a bit silly serving dinner at 1 am but i wasn't awake to partake. Had breakfast just out of Singapore which set us up nicely for the day. We code shared our flights back to NZ on a Singapore Airlines flight - big contrast. Nowhere near as good.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Flight to Auckland cancelled due to fog. I am on my way to the airport when I get the notification so carry on because I have an international connection and I need to know what I should be doing. At Tauranga I am told that there will be a bus put on later in the morning but there can be no certainty that I will get to Auckland in time for my connection so I may as well drive myself. Will my flight be refunded? - no because it is not their fault and they are putting a bus on. Will I be able to cancel the return flight which I won't be able to use since my car will be in Auckland with me - no because the flight will be running and its not their fault. Just how much money does Air NZ make by not carrying people and refusing to refund?

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank litigate
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

I’m a loyal Air NZ customer flying internationally 6 -7 Times a year.
Sadly the level of service is getting steadily worse.
The business class seats are cramped for a taller person and have been overtaken by other airlines.
The movie selection seems to have been made by a teenager.

Date of travel: September 2018