“Enjoyable flight”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We try and fly Air New Zealand when we travel as the staff are always friendly and helpful. The food on this trip was probably the best we’ve had and the inflight entertainment was great. We went with the extended family and everyone enjoyed the flight. One daywe’ll Do business class, those seats look super comfy but economy was fine. Air New Zealand is reliable and safe, that’s why we choose them

Date of travel: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (9,709)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I boarded the plane at 5 pm. When I got on, the attendants were already at work, they lead our way. During the flight, we experienced high turbulence, despite the plane being tilted by 5 degrees, the pilot managed to get out of the turbulence, the attendants were positive and continued their job as usual. However, it would be nice if the chairs could be lowered a bit more as you can barely sleep on the plane for an 11-hour flight.

The seat was decent, it was hard but still comfortable, I only wished I can relax my legs better.

WiFi was kind of expensive (expected because New Zealand doesn't have cheap wifi), the films, music was more than enough, would be cool if they added more classics etc.

The flight attendants were the most important part of this trip, they cared for us, asked us if we needed anything. They really made a difference to the flight. The plane was clean, at least if you look at it, there are some stains on the pillows and blankets though. Would be nice if there were more lines at the gate. The food was decent, but the way they deliver needs to be improved, the tray is too small.

The flight was decently expensive but it was totally worth it.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great early morning flight. Check-in and boarding was good and flight left on time. flight was comfortable and the crew did and excellent job.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always good to fly Air New Zealand. The air crew are always excellent and fun. Flight was good although my wife and I were over flying as this was forth and final leg of of trip from Prague.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I traveled from Christchurch to Phuket, Thailand on an Air New Zealand ticket. As a Gold Airpoints member I am entitled to two checked bags. I rang Air NZ beforehand to double check it would be OK to take two bags on my holiday to Phuket, and was reassured this would be OK.

At check-in at Phuket Airport prior to my Silk Air flight to Singapore I was very annoyed that I was forced to pay an excess baggage fee of US$150 (NZ$235) for my second checked bag. Check in staff were very unsympathetic. It was explained that Silk Air (despite being an offshoot of Singapore Airlines) is not a member of the Star Alliance.

Naturally this was a very unpleasant surprise which put a dampener on my holiday experience. I complained to Air New Zealand but they took no responsibility for the false information they gave me prior to my travel, and offered no recompense.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank chriscollins61