“Good service but seat space has shrunk”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Air New Zealand is always consistently very good. This time however the seats felt thinner and less space between rows. Also on board entertainment choices went from very good to okay. Come on Air NZ, get back to your great level of quality!

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,953)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so excited to fly Air New Zealand! I had read up on the plane we were to be flying in, and it looked comfortable with lots of extras, such as power at the seats. To my dismay, we flew in a Singapore Air instead - not the luxury plane I was expecting at all. While I am grateful I did not have to fly in a plane with an engine that needed replacing (that's what I found online about their planes), it was very disappointing. No power at the seats, we were not given our assigned seats and were sat behind the bulkhead. It was a tight fitting seat, very uncomfortable with no leg room to speak of.

I hope to fly them again one day (not going in that direction anytime soon), and get to experience what all the other excellent reviewers are reporting.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We try and fly Air New Zealand when we travel as the staff are always friendly and helpful. The food on this trip was probably the best we’ve had and the inflight entertainment was great. We went with the extended family and everyone enjoyed the flight. One daywe’ll Do business class, those seats look super comfy but economy was fine. Air New Zealand is reliable and safe, that’s why we choose them

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I boarded the plane at 5 pm. When I got on, the attendants were already at work, they lead our way. During the flight, we experienced high turbulence, despite the plane being tilted by 5 degrees, the pilot managed to get out of the turbulence, the attendants were positive and continued their job as usual. However, it would be nice if the chairs could be lowered a bit more as you can barely sleep on the plane for an 11-hour flight.

The seat was decent, it was hard but still comfortable, I only wished I can relax my legs better.

WiFi was kind of expensive (expected because New Zealand doesn't have cheap wifi), the films, music was more than enough, would be cool if they added more classics etc.

The flight attendants were the most important part of this trip, they cared for us, asked us if we needed anything. They really made a difference to the flight. The plane was clean, at least if you look at it, there are some stains on the pillows and blankets though. Would be nice if there were more lines at the gate. The food was decent, but the way they deliver needs to be improved, the tray is too small.

The flight was decently expensive but it was totally worth it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great early morning flight. Check-in and boarding was good and flight left on time. flight was comfortable and the crew did and excellent job.