“Best cabine crew ever”
Review of Air Seychelles

Reviewed February 4, 2018

One of the best flights I've ever been on. The crew was very friendly and kind. Always with an authentic smile on the face. Maybe the Aur Seychelles is not the most luxury airline in the world, but this flight was fun and warm-hearted. And for me, that is worth more.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

I had pre-booked seats at £30 per seat for each of 3 legs on a trip to Praslin in the Seychelles with Air Seychelles. The outward journey was fine and myself and my travelling partner got the seats we had paid for. However, on the last leg of the return flight, the longest leg, we were given seats apart and not the seat numbers we had booked and paid for. As the flight was very full we did not complain at the time. However, when I looked at the booking it had transpired that the check-in desk at Praslin had made an error in not putting the booked seats on the boarding passes for this leg of the journey. I have tried in vain to get a refund for the price of the booked seats (£60) we didn't get and I was fobbed off with all sorts of excuses why I shouldn't get a refund. Air Seychelles customer relations are absolutely appalling and I will never fly with them again! Their in-flight meals are also the most disgusting and inedible that I have ever encountered on any airline.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

I realize that smaller airlines often purchase used planes but I would rather not fly on them. Bring your laptop as the TV service with complimentary ear buds does not work well. Don’t board hungry as it takes a very long time for flight attendants to supply a beverage or a meal and then a very long time to clear your tray. The flight itself was smooth. The pilots seemed competent.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

This flight lived up to Air Seychelles reputation for tardiness! Late arriving (45 minutes) and even later leaving (55 minutes). No realistic explanation! The boarding experience (Air Seychelles ground handling agent I suppose) was disorganised. Called to board, then waited another 15 minutes, all hanging around. Then down the corridor, only to be held up for another period for some unexplained reason, then to the entrance of the aircraft, where again another apparently unexplained delay before boarding. Seat was comfortable but one third of the leg room space is taken up with the IFE 'box' and on an A.320, this means cramped! Flight should have been on the more spacious A.330 but it was not to be. After 40 minutes into the flight I asked a stewardess why the IFE had not been started - she replied that this was due to a 'Passenger Announcement'. Does she think we frequent travellers (some 50 years!) can be convinced by such a nonsensical statement? It was an hour before the IFE was made available. There is simply no excuse for this on what is a five hour flight. With a small/tiny screen in the seat back, it was almost impossible for me, even with glasses, to read the tiny script or, even, the names of the films! Not good. After all this, I was in a thoroughly irritable mood - only to have this lifted by a surprisingly good meal and excellent drinks service. With no other airline serving this route directly, one is stuck with Air Seychelles but with more training and a commitment to on time flights etc., this would have been a reasonably good flight. Overall, disappointed!

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Flew to Mumbai in December and back in January with them.

We paid for seat selection in September, yet the airline moved my seat to favour passengers that did not pay for seat selection. This I find out on boarding only. I think that is utterly unprofessional and unacceptable.

The food is average. And be warned you will be given 1 drink with your food only. After that all hosts and hostesses disappeared.

Best take your own water or you will dehydrate.

Only 1 set of bathrooms worked on flight there. Overall the bathrooms on both ways was disgusting. You have to wade through the urine.

Very disappointed with my experience here.