“I had a good experience. I would recommend.”
Review of Air Transat

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I had a good experience. I think the value for the money I paid was worth it. The staff are very polite and professional. The only problem was the temperature in the aircraft which was really cold.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,763)

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

My Family and I took our first holiday where we all fly somewhere together instead of driving and decided to go with Air Transat. And honestly there is only one good thing to say about the experience and that is that they were on time, other then that it was a 6 hour flight of being cramped, hot (there’s no air vent above) and Hungry. On the flight there we got a glass of juice or bottled water with the choice of purchasing a $18-$25 meal, that was offered 2 times, there are 5 of us that would work out to over $100 for food on a airplane, needless to say we didn’t go that route. Take off was ok but landing was a nightmare, terrifying is a good was to describe it. My youngest son is part of the kids club but I’m not really sure why, from what I read on the Air Transat site and what he got for being part of it was a waste of time, he got a beach ball on the flight to Cuba and got nothing on the way home. On the way home was the same kind of situation, hot, stuffy, and no air, we got one drink offer, pop, juice and water out of a pitcher I wouldn’t let my family drink because we weren’t sure the water was safe (did they get it in Cuba?) the staff were rude and acted like people were a nuisance, I have flown with WestJet and Delta before and they are fancy compared to this company. Don’t think I’ll ever fly with this company again.

2  Thank Nadine S
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I have booked a flight for my wife and I for June of next year.
I have been sent an e mail from Transat that they are now offering special prices for the time we are going to fly.
I rang Transat to see if my fare was going to be any cheaper.
Guess what,they were not interested in listening to me.
I hope, if they read this they will look at my booking and ,if cheaper ,then offer me the difference . This is not my first flight with them.

2  Thank keithkatrin
Reviewed 6 December 2017

We were auto-assigned two seats in Row 13, in which there were only three seats! It was very comfortable, right across from the front lavoratory, near the front exit. It was a newer large aircraft and I did not feel like a sardine squashed into a can! We had only carry-on and there was plenty of overhead space in which to store it. There was plenty of interesting entertainment with which to keep your mind busy; music, TV shows, movies, documentaries, games - all provided on a personal screen with a comprehensive menu. We did not eat, but the meals passing by smelled and looked decent. It was most enjoyable - first time I can honestly say this...

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I booked this flight vwhen a promotion was offered and the price was too good to pass up. We use this airline regularly to various destinations and have been fortunate to have great service each time. Basic airfare and economy means your meals and snacks are exceptionally basic but you have the option to purchase more elaborate ones. Duty free is promoted as is fundraising. On this trip I used my phone and airline wifi with app to select my choive of entertainment as drop down screens are hard to see. I enjoyed this option at no additional fee.
The seats are comerable to Turkish Air and Lufthansa both having been used in the previous three months. Economy buys you a tiny seat space to get you to your destination.
The staff was friendly. On this flight they assisted some passengers to relocate after take off as there were vacant seats. I found the vacant seats to be rare on previous flights.