“Alaska airlines, IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES..IT WAS THE WORST OF TIMES...”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed February 17, 2018

IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES..IT WAS THE WORST OF TIMES...
Alaska Airlines has a undeniable strangle hole on travel out of the Pacific Northwest. They have successfully eliminated any other choice of air travel . After acquiring Virgin Airlines and trashing their flights in favor of their own and deals made with United for the routs...We are left with little or no choice.
Now don't get me wrong, the flight crews are great, but between the unhelpful, lack of any clear direction or even show of interest from counter agents, to the offensive TSA personnel, the air port experience stinks! Why Alaska Airlines has not tried to help TSA perform better is anybodies guest . Like have TSA individualize check ins by airline. So if you are traveling on Alaska you check in at the TSA for Alaska... instead of the cattle call they have set up with the long lines. One size does not fit all!
We had a little problem at the airport in Las Vegas. It seems that the computer system took a dump. No one was able to check in or check their baggage. Not one agent [there were seven at the time] would even look up! remember the computers are down, so after about a hour, as the check-in area proceed to fill up with people. What I assume was a I T person Announce that the computers were down. Well Duh! Up until then it was passengers helping passengers. Any way after getting are baggage checked in and boarding pass in hand, off we go, to face the never-ending line at TSA. Yuk. Then the mad dash through the terminal to the gate. Guess what? The flight was delayed!!! two and haft hours S!@#... ya just can't win. LOL.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (11,833)

Reviewed February 17, 2018

This was our very first time ever being able to fly first class and it was AMAZING! We have traveled several times in coach and enjoyed it but this was a treat to be able to experience such long travel with such comfort and great service. I have to say in the past when issues have arisen Alaska does try to address the problems. This trip we had zero issues to address! The flight attendants are amazing. Look forward to hopefully being able to fly again with them. Have great first class lounge on our layover in Seattle. Also helped to save a life between flights (I am a nurse) alongside an Alaskan Air Pilot! As a nurse of 30 years I was very impressed with this pilot and his ability to help in the Seattle Airport with this women who had a grand mal seizure! Kudos to Alaska Air!

Date of travel: December 2017
Reviewed February 17, 2018

Even though the routing included a layover, the relatively reasonable price and my vow to never fly with Air Canada made me choose Alaska Airlines for a short trip from Vancouver to San Francisco via Seattle. The fares are reasonable and even the baggage fee is acceptable. The cabin and bathrooms are clean which are worth mentioning and highly commendable as these flights are turned around quickly and the interiors do not feel like they were barely wiped down for the next flight.

What impressed me the most was the customer service and the speed in which I was able to speak to a CS rep regarding a change of flight. Both times that I called with a request/inquiry, my call was answered by a staff member within seconds and my issue was resolved or question answered by a friendly person on the other end. This is not what I expected and I was pleasantly surprised.

For my 2 hr and 40-min flights, I did not expect wow in-flight service as it is a budget airline after all but kudos to the airline for making sure each encounter with flight crew and check in staff was warm and friendly. There was a genuine smile and greeting at each touch point. I am so impressed and will continue to choose this airline for travel destinations they serve.

Reviewed February 17, 2018

Although a short flight, it was a pleasant one. Loading the plane went quickly since they use both the front and back doors. The plane itself was very clean and the personnel were all friendly. It seemed like we were in the air for only minutes before landing. I fly Alaska whenever a flight is available to me.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

This was our first flight with Alaska Airlines and we were impressed. Seats were spacious and service was efficient and friendly. Smooth system for boarding. No free checked bags is only strike.