“Left on time, arrived early - both ways!!”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed April 4, 2018

As always, the flight was too crowded, but I know all airlines have cut back flights to save gas and jam people on fewer planes. Other than that I appreciated them being ahead of schedule and we were treated with the courtesy you expect from flight attendants and boarding staff.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,962)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Again I did not get upgraded but I have figured out the MVP status is useless. I was greeted by a smiling noce gate agent and the check in agent was great also. I boarded the plane and was greeted by a very nice smiling flight attendant named Patrick. I went to my seat and noticed the plane was sorta warm but I just assumed the air was not on yet. We got boarded and left pretty much on time it seemed. We then sat and rolled for a long time and the plane got so hot that people were ringing the call buttons while on the tarmac we sat on a plane that was over 85 degrees for over 30 Minutes. This is unacceptible.It was uncomfortable and the passengers where never told there was an issue. Come to find out that the APU or airplane power unit was not working so the air was not turned on till 30 seconds before we actually took off. It was horrible. I requested water to fill my bottle from the female flight attendant and she told me to come back to the galley later and get it! I was in a tight window seat and I was not planning on getting up because being in the window is hard to get out of the seats. two people have to be disturbed. This flight was supposed to be a 6 hour and 30 min flight but ended up being a 7 hour flight and we were late. The captain nor flight crew explained the APU issue. Then in the air the air still was struggling the airplane was so hot that I requested 4 or 5 times to turn the air on so did others my short sleeve shirt was drenched in sweat. One of the flight attendants later in the flight decided to be passive aggressive and where her parka coat and scarf in the isle. everyone in section 10 through 16 was very confused. Patrick really tried to fix the issue calling the flight deck many times. Nothing seemed to work. I am pretty sure something was wrong with the cooling pacs. Alaska should not fly an airplane that has temperature issues for a 7 hour flight. Felt like a sauna the whole time and the one who wore the coat and denied me water was irritated by any liquid request or temp request from me. I really expected nothing more from alaska. The other issue their so called inflight entertainment stopped my movie and travel companions more then 20 times sometimes restarting it making me figure out where I was when it disconnected. The only reason why this review was not a 1 is because of Patrick who was also the first class flight attendant. He later told me that it was the middle section thats was super warm. Really will try my best to not fly alaska again.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I have chosen Alaska Air to be my preferred carrier for travel to all destinations. They offer complete customer care and address any needs or issues immediately with a total caring and concerned attitude. They make the travelers feel comfortable and welcome.

Even when you are not flying first class they go out of their way to see to each and every person traveling with a sincere dedication to service.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I have not had MVP status with alaska long but let me say my first impression of it is not good. I booked my flight from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise I had planned I booked in the upgraded fare class so I could get upgraded to first class for the long flight to FLL. About 8 days till the flight I called customer service to make sure that I could get upgraded and see how many seats where available also to make sure that my friend teaveling with me was booked under the same reservation. Also to ask if she would have a chance to get upgraded also, I was told no that only mvp gold get that yet Delta silver gets that. I then asked if there was a way to seat her with me and I was told no that only middle seats where available for her and not in the same row as me. I was told that the process to release seats to elites was 5 days 75k get them 3 days mvp gold and 24 hours mvp so I completed my call pretty frustrated. I then was on the website and saw an option to use points to upgrade using 15k points I called to make this happen. I was told that it was only if Alaska chose to release the seats for upgrade on points... lol I was like thats useless why would a money grubbing company like Alaska do that. I preceded to ask about the cash upgrades again I was told that they where not released qnd they couldnt tell me when or if they would be. Again completely useless. At this time there were 4 unsold first class seats and I was told that alaska doesnt really release the seats to elites untill checkin not the 5, 3 ,1 day system. I was told I could check with the gate agent on the day of the flight to do cash upgrades or see if I could get 2 seats together. This rep told me I was waitlisted for premium and first class but all that was left in premium was middle seats. I am 6.2 200+ lbs so I told her if you took me out of my window seat and put me in a middle seat "upgrade" I would be livid. She removed me from a premium upgrade. In comparison delta does follow a policy that isnt a guessing game, and you know your upgraded when you check in not that you are number 15 on a huge list. Again another point for Delta. Day of the flight came still no upgrades options. I tried to use the premier line for security and was quickly told only mvp gold or higher gets to use it so I used my delta silver status and was quickly learning that mvp is useless. I saw I was number 9 on the upgrade list and First was full I went to the agent and said I was mvp and traveling with somone and I asked was there 2 seats together at all in premium or coach and she basically laughed at me and said they were over sold so no. There are 2 big issues with this she didnt wven take the time to ask my name or look up anything on the seats, Plus they were over sold and I obviously wanted to sit in firat class or with my friend so why wouldnt she say we are going to need volunteers for the over booked flight and offer me first? No more then 3 Minutes later she made the announcement for the over booking but by that time I was in line and a bunch of people raced over. Once on board I saw to premium seats open together and that they had been filled by standbys which made no sense because I was a paying customers and somehow they were over booked but clearing standby. My friend always brings wet wipes and she wiped her headrest and it was black all over the wipe. My flight attendant wasn't very nice and they flight was just a nightmare. The lady behind me was changing her child on the seat and it smelled while I was eating and their "inflight entertainment" kept disconnecting flew back and it was somewhat better read that review if you like but my final thoughts do not fly alaska for mvp its useless and frustrating.

1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Alaska Airline offers great flights from Seattle to great destinations direct. I appreciate the service and convenience of direct flights. Our trip to and from New Orleans was great. In flight entertainment is very current and easy to access for free.

Date of travel: April 2018