“Worst air line ever”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had my nieces wedding planned in Puerta vallarta and we were 3 passanger in that flight , we got to LAX 1 houre befor the flight and they did not check us in and they said we were late . And they put in their system No SHOW , without letting us know, so I got another flight and I spend another $1000 and we got there super late and we missed my nieces wedding , when we went back to air port to come back to Los Angeles they said beacause it was a no show you ticket got canceled , I had to spend another 1500 dollar and get a flight with stop and 8 houres waitting in air port . I do not recommend this air line even to my enemy.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To Alaska Airlines: I have nearly 500K miles after flying with you for 30 years. Yesterday I sat next to my friend (CONFIRMATION NDXEYX) as we booked flights to my daughter's wedding. I booked mine MOMENTS after hers yet ALASKA CHARGED ME 10K miles more, and more money!!! ALASKA did this because I had partially booked those flights using miles & money BEFORE my friend did, then went back and changed it to miles. This was all over the space of 5 minutes. DON'T LIE TO ME AND TELL ME "OH, SHE BOOKED THE LAST TICKET AT THAT RATE." First of all, for a flight in OCTOBER on planes with PLENTY OF SEATS? Second, because anyone with common sense knows it's ALASKA'S ALGORITHM that JACKED UP THE MILES AND THE PRICE. This is a kind of evil profiteering that the Federal Aviation Administration MUST INVESTIGATE. And last of all: this bald effort to rip off one of your most faithful customers is unjust, and simply will not stand. You must return the 10K miles IMMEDIATELY. Your reputation isn't very good at the moment. Don't make it worse by being tech cheats and thieves.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i am going to provide lots of info and context here, so everyone has the info they need to decide if they want to fly Alaska. Literally on a flight right now, using Alaska's overpriced wifi to writw thia cuz I am fed up!
I have been flying Alaska since 2007. The last 7 years, they have been my preferred airline and I travel very frquently with them. Currently on a business flight, and let me tell you, after my return trip, I am done with Alaska. I stopped using SEA as my home airport, because of the agents there being rude and constantly ( and very rudely) badgeing me and asking if I am first class. Even to the point of double checking my ticket. So, i started flying out of PDX. Which was an amazing experience until this trip. Couldnt link me and my spouse's tickets together, as I have done time and time again at the airport. Agents at ticketing were not very nice. Then the real fun started. Constant delays, not updating info on boards or apps, making announcements where no one could hear (even standing in the area), then changing aircrafts, then literally bumping people from their seats because the seats were not available, then not telling anyone this ( there were multiple of us) untill we went up to board. Then refusing to help find other flights. Then giving major attitude. Then trying to shut the doors on us while we were standing at the gate trying to get new seats assigned. Then threatening to not let us on the flight and scolding us for being upset. Mind you, these are first class tickets, booked direct, cardholders with mileage. And we are shareholders too, lol. Not that that matters, but Ive loved Alaska Airlines for a longtime and seriously believed in them and supported every strike of employees, and not flown when they were striking. I contacted cs and complained, but they couldnt care less. Flight attendants were very friendly, per usual, and it sucks I wont be dealing with them anymore, but Im over this. Alaska Airlines has been declining since the pandemic, taking away benefits of cardholders and mileage members. Its not a premium experience anymore. It doesnt pay anymore to be loyal to Alaska, because they could not care less about youbas a customer. The lounges have gone downhill so fast, and despite all of this, I always had the best experience with their employees, but since that no longer seems to be the case, its not worth it anymore. Any airline can treat me like dirt for a cheaper cost of me flying with them, so why would i pay premium to have dirty, old (or mechanically failing) planes, rude gate agents and nonexistant agents in cs who can do nothing for you. Save your money, fly Southwest or Delta, or whoever, because Alaska is no longer worth your hard-earned money. Im voting with my pocketbook and I dont say thia lightly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Horrible - sat in plane with no AC burning up. Took over 30 minutes to get going while we all baked in the plane. Completely ridiculous

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Alaska Airlines are the worst. I have had enough with the customer care. 100% of my flights (5+ with them) have been delayed.

I tried to change my flight to an early flight (#314) since my original flight (#1056) got delayed by ~2 hours. The early flight was still 1 hour after my original flight time. The customer service said they can’t change to an early flight but only to a late one. I mean who would change to a later flight if they are already at the airport?

The people at the boarding counter had a total different story. They said that there were empty seats in the early flight, and asked me an (illegal) charge of $100. I mean how can you take a bribe when it’s your own mistake.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.