“I fly Alaska regularly and rarely have a bad experience”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Like most people, I don't think to write a review of the airline unless it's a really bad experience. Which is borne out by the number of people who have written one-star reviews. So, just to add a bit of perspective...
I generally fly 10+ Alaska flights each year. Almost all of them are uneventful. Occasionally there is a delay, usually not too long. Some flight attendants are better than others; rarely, one stands out as really good or really bad. Honestly, if I get to my destination safely and on time, I'm content. Alaska continues to be one of my favorite airlines.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Boarding on time clear sky’s and we have 45 minutes delay because of staffing issues. Always something with Alaska do your self a favor and fly delta. More professional, more comfortable seats and at least everyone gets to watch movies via in flight screen

1  Thank Pat Williams M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This review is mostly about preimum class and Alaska’s need to do a little better. We paid an extra $ 150 each to upgrade to premium. It promises priority boarding, more leg room, priorty space for carry on , free cocktails and you get to pick your seat.
Trouble started before even boarding when wife and i were asked by gate agent if we would give up our seats and have to sit apart from each other in the very back of the plane so a family that booked the last minute cheap seats could sit together. Offered us a few flier miles we declined. They bumped a person who was sitting in back in a middle seat to the window seat and made wife and i move to middle and isle (still in premium)
Plane was full so had to check carry on at gate.
Got 2 free drinks on a flight that was over 5 hours.
In our case the price we paid for upgrade was not really worth it.
The extra leg room not worth $150

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Every time I fly alaska it gets worse and worse. Never again! Their customer service is horrible. I understand some things are not in their control but come on. We sat in cancun airport for an hour before any alaska airline employees even showed up. Not one employee Crazy ! On the way , We got stuck on the tarmac and missed our flight, lost 2 days and night at a resort we paid for. Ruined our plans and vacation. They over book every flight now. I dont get it. Sad after decades of flying alska, I've had enough. Now I will warn people of my experiences , hopefully I can save someone from feeling so frustrated and taken advantage of. ALASKA AIRLINES DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. I'm switching to southwest !!

1  Thank Q7444KQmattk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The check in was horrific. NO awareness of any sense of customer service, unfriendly, uninterested ,lazy and then purposely. Deleted our frequent air miles membership number which was on the profile. Beware to those who think this a well rated airline if this is the initial experience

1  Thank Ian_RMC
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.