“They steal your money and will make you wait 3 hours so you miss your flight. They are Con Artists”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Terrible company. Stay away like your life depends on it as it might actually save your life life and your pocket. This company stole over $700 from us and refused to move us to another flight. "They are all booked" and they kept our money. We checked in online and showed up with plenty of time. The error was on their part with being understaffed with over 3 hours in line. They had us wait 30 minutes on hold only to be told there are no more flights today. Mind you, we are already at the airport with bookings and hotel in Toronto. We spent $1000 booking day of tickets on Air Canada. No issues besides delayed flight with them. I want a refund and will NEVER be using alaska again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been flying with Alaska almost exclusively for 10 years. I was a loyalist, would pay extra just to fly Alaska, paid for the lounge membership, have multiple top tier Alaska credit cards, used the Alaska Business card, the whole thing. And we are finally leaving Alaska for good. I have booked multiple international flights using their milage rewards program (the literal whole point of having an airline credit card) and year after year they mess it up. They have yet to get us somewhere without a mess. I thought that since most things worked most of the time that it was fine, but the truth is "most things work most of the time" because the only time it goes sideways is when you actually use the point system or try to work with Alaska representatives - which is exactly when you need them. They will cancel, book you wrongly, leave you stranded in different airports (I once had to drive 7 hours to get to another airport just to get home), and refuse to help. I've heard "there's nothing I can do" so many times when it was 100% at no fault to my own actions. It's one thing to not be able to help if I mess something up, but how outrageous they won't even fix their own mistakes. Sad I poured so many years into an account that doesn't care about customers. Even if another airline has terrible customer service like Alaska, maybe they won't mess up as much and make me suffer for it.

Date of travel: November 2023
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Alaska Air stranded my child alone in Seattle overnight. She had a layover in Seattle and they sat outside the gate for forty minutes. She alerted the flight attendants and they flat out refused to alert her connecting flight. She had five minutes to get to the opposite side of the airport and the flight attendants said oh well just rebook. How could they strand a teenager alone overnight and not care!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Alaska is just a crooked airline. Their certificates a joke. When they screw you, and they will, be sure to hold them to transportation law for compensation.

Date of travel: July 2023
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

DO NOT VOLUNTEER TO GIVE UP YOUR SEAT. They lied to my face. I agreed to be bumped in exchange for a better seat, and I ended up with a worse seat than the seat I originally paid for. I would not have volunteered knowing that my seat would be worse. Because I volunteered they refused to compensate me any further. Will never use this airline again.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.