“Lost baggage/ delivery”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I were traveling from Vancouver, BC to Rome for our honeymoon and one of our bags didnt make it. Once we went through the lost baggage process with Alitalia in person at the airport it was fine but trying to contact the desk to find out the status of our bag or the courier service that was suppose to deliver it, it was horrible. After 3 days of painful phone contact I finally just went to the airport myself and quickly picked up my bag. Overall if you loose your bag in this airport I would suggest you take it into your own hands and pick up yourself.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
There are newer reviews for Alitalia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew from France (toulouse) to Italy (Roma) with Alitalia 3 weeks ago and I had a very bad experience. They lost my check in luggage and I got it back 8 days later !! To get it back I had to come myself from Florence to Roma (which was not my plan at all to come back in Roma as I was heading Pisa) as they were not able to send it to my correct address. Now that I made a folder with the fees to be refund (for first necessities etc), no one is answering to my emails. I have never seen such customer service. They delivered my luggage to a random place, without my sign, and things are missing. When I was calling every day to know where was my bag, the version was different according the person I had on phone. Reference FCOAZ51800.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On the 7 of August I took a flight from London business class to Palermo flight Nr AZ 207 we arrived 1 hour late in Rome I suppose to take the next flight to Palermo ,,, no help where giving to customer ,, I ask a crew member from Alitalia what's gonna happen if I loose my flight ,,, no professional answer where given to me ,, terrible terrible service on my way out I had to look where and how I can manage to take my next flight to Palermo ,,,, I had to run and run ,,,, never and never Alitalia ,,, today I will fly back to London the 21 of August with no issue I hope so
Nuccio Nicasio

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Okay, I was super proud as an American to have a 21" carry on that was not too big for the size (21" is the max for a lot of EU airlines) and that is was not bulging and too big to fit pretty much anywhere. So as we are about to go into security, they have a machine that you drop your luggage into to check it for size. I was pretty proud to drop mine in and much to my surprise a big red light surrounds my bag and it is "rejected" as compliant. I ask the lady how can that be, look at it (still somewhat happy about my accomplishment) and she informs me it is over 8 kilos. I am thinking now that there is no way I am going to get out of another fee (we already paid 50 euros for our "gifts" luggage for friends and family when we land). Of course our other bags don't "pass" either. The lady told e that I could gate check them for free (this is usually a good way to get past the check fees, if you can clear the "cop" in security). We did and all in all it was just a little annoying. To be fair, the return flight from Budapest we had no issues at all, even though I was a little concerned about the weight of the checked bag as now it was filled with gifts and souvenirs for friends and family on this side of the Atlantic.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Alitalia lounge is fabulous. Excellent wine and food and really good service. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Daniel_Limpitlaw