“Fly Alitalia at your own risk”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Never in my livetime of air travelling I have been treated so badly. Flight from London to Rome was delayed (without any apologies or explanation) by 3 hours. Ground staff was rude and disorganized.
Cabin attendants were rude. No explanation offered. Refreshment extremely poor. No information was given on connecting flight.
Once in Rome we had to wait standing in a queue for 2 hours for a new booking on the next day flight. No snacks or drink. Staff unable to cope with simple procedures.
I hope to reach Santiago tomorrow and that my registered suitcase are loaded on our plane.
In any case I suggest any sensible traveller to AVOID ALITALIA at all cost.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (14,516)

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Boarding the flight was somewhat disorganized and sky priority almost seemed irrelevant, until airline personnel stepped in to rectify the apparent chaos. The seating and leg room were decent but the personnel misrepresented the availability of WiFi and did not provide any flight kits with basic amenities. The airport passport clearance experience in Rome, while not the fault of the airline, was abominable.

Date of travel: July 2017
Reviewed December 10, 2017

couple of months ago, I had traveled with Alitalia and everything was fine. this time, the airplane was very small for such a long trip. no TV, not enough legroom, simple one choice food. The price was like other airlines.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

My flight from Amsterdam to Rome was delayed and I arrived at the check-in desk for the flight to Rio de Janeiro 10 minutes after its departure time. Ground personnel from Alitalia was still present, they were waiting for ‘ late comers ‘ (me) as soon as I sat down the plain started to depart. I have to admit; the delayed flight from Amsterdam was also a Alitalia flight but I was as happy as a child that I did not miss my flight to Rio.
The flight to Rio went as can be expected for an economy class. Staff: ok, food: ok, seats: ok.

Date of travel: February 2017
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Well.... pay pay and pay. Be careful when you book your tickets, male sure the luggage fee is included or else you end up paying for it almost as same as the entire ticket. Which I find ridiculous, check yourself in, go drop off your luggage, weigh station after weigh station. They more concern about taking your money for how much you caring. Average service on board, dirty restrooms. Horrible experience during holidays and they are domestic airlines. Will avoid them in a future.